How to uncheck 8390 network channel?

Guest cclboss

Guest cclboss

Just brought my 8390 to another country to roam. However, I noticed that I keep getting network messages when I go into a different area. I then realized that I have Enabled Channel checked on the phone. I have tried to uncheck it but I keep getting the message that this operation cannot be done. I have tried the same SIM card in a different phone and this feature is not checked which means that it is the phone that has enabled this option not the network. Does anyone know if I can somehow uncheck this feature with a RegEdit program? Thanks for any help!

Guest cclboss

Tried adding another channel like 050 and then un-enable it. The un-enable worked just for this channel but I still get bombarded by network messages. This has the added side effect of draining my battery incredibly quickly as well. Any other ideas, please!! (I looked at the registry but couldn't really find the flag that does this, the only close is HKCUControlPanelCellBroadcast but the On flag is already set to 0)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schriss

cclboss: did you manage to fix it? If not, have you tried 50, not 050? If doesn't work, I suppose those messages come on different channel, not on 050. After you know which channel it is, repeat the procedure as for 050 and that should do it. It did on my old E100.

• 1 month later...
Guest schriss

I also noticed, that on my 8390 "Enable Channels" get enabled on each reboot, so every time I reboot, I go there, uncheck this option and I'm not receiving anymore stupid network infos.... until next reboot :)

• 7 months later...

go to

start/setting/phone/Chanells/you got two options , uncheck the first one , check the second one , and put as a language English. You are Right schriss regarding the reboot. I have tried some other things , and it's setup is like that(Nothing can Be done"Curtesy of Mitac company"). Also be aware if you loose service (meaning Signal)the unchecked box will automatically check it self , so it's a litlle bit P*** in A** , but better that then receiving like 60 Messages per Day :-)