SilverTabs

Guest drblow

[147]SilverTabs.jpg

File Name :: SilverTabs

Author :: drblow

Category :: Other

Description ::

FEATURES

CAB installer, Orange e200 shortcuts plugin (with nice tab style custom icons! :wink: ), Oxios tasks plugin, RJtime plugin, Media Player plugin, calendar & message count, and application shortcuts with custom icons.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Just copy the CAB file to your phone & click it! There are no extra screens in this CAB, just the homescreen, so it will install on locked & unlocked e200's.

COMMENTS

As this homescreen includes quite a few non-standard plugins, for it to work proper you will need to install all the following excellent (& free!! ;) ) plugins, if you do not have them already.

Oxios tasks - HERE

RJ Time - HERE

Media Player - HERE

In the Orange shortcuts plugin I included just the shortcuts I use myself the most, also statscat's great send/recieve email shortcut. Due to limited space with the graphics onscreen, I also used the Orange plugin to proxy the Media player plugin - so it appears by scrolling along the top tab icons!! :lol: The bottom row of icons include shortcuts to Binary's smartexplorer & taskmanager, orneta notepad, MSN messenger, multimedia album, IA space maker, video recorder, calculator, Binarys Free Memory, and bluetooth settings. They are all set to standard locations (i.e. start menu), but are easily configured in the xml if you're apps are in folders or whatever. 8)

The font featured in the screenshots is neuropol (freeware).

I think thats it!! Enjoy! :D

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 3:18 pm

View File

Guest Vector

have you put the clock plugin twice to get the shadowy affect and move one layer diagonally a couple of pixels?

and then changed the colour :D

if not, interested to know ;)

Guest drblow

cheers fellas! the shadow effect just comes from repeating the time & date strings in the rjtime plugin. have a look at the xml, its a piece of cake! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Hagakure

Great HomeScreen Dr Blow :D

I am having a little problem with it though I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

The Bottom Row of Icons is appearing on top of the clock background and this means that the clock is out of position as are the message counters.

Any ideas?

I have an SPVE200 with the Update I have installed the RJTime Media Player plug and the Oxios Task Plugins.

Guest badboy4life

Great Homescreen Mate!!

I am having a little problem with it though I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  

The Bottom Row of Icons is appearing on top of the clock background and this means that the clock is out of position as are the message counters.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem seems that if you have no tasks then the tasks plug-in size changes to 0, which in turn moves everything else out of place.

Guest drblow

yeah, that sounds right! if there are no tasks listed, the plugin will default itself to non-visible, which will put the plugins below out of position. i never did figure out how to stop it doing that!? let me know if that works or not will ya? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest drblow

yeah, that sounds right! if there are no tasks listed, the plugin will default itself to non-visible, which will put the plugins below out of position. i never did figure out how to stop it doing that!? let me know if that works or not will ya? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest drblow

dont think so m8! unfortunately, to make the tab style icons work properly you need to have the orange e200 plugin - its the only 1 that supports the 'chicon' attribute which allows icons for selected & unselected states. it seems a shame to me that the plugin isnt available commercially!?! it really is an excellent plugin, & for me is the 1 thing that keeps me interested in the e200. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest drblow

dont think so m8! unfortunately, to make the tab style icons work properly you need to have the orange e200 plugin - its the only 1 that supports the 'chicon' attribute which allows icons for selected & unselected states. it seems a shame to me that the plugin isnt available commercially!?! it really is an excellent plugin, & for me is the 1 thing that keeps me interested in the e200. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mt01631

I had the same problem with the bottom icons but found that after uninstalling all the addins and theme, then reinstalling all the addins, restart phone then install theme and and it worked fine.

Mark

Guest geetje

How do I change the font of the homescreen?

I tried to follow the program you mentioned but I don't understand the line that you have to edit the homescreen. Do I have to use a registry editor or something else?

Guest drblow
How do I change the font of the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen?

I tried to follow the program you mentioned but I don't understand the line that you have to edit the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen. Do I have to use a registry editor or something else?

You need to install the font app - then simply add the following to the xml - font-face="neuropol", in the first label string. Like this ...

<label x="-1" y="4"><clock size="27" bgtext="transparent" fgcolor="#000000"/></label>

<label font-face="neuropol" font-weight="bold" font-size="20" x="84" y="16" w="100"> 

<timeString fgcolor="#ffffff" format="HH:mm "/> 

</label>

You can then add the same to any other strings in the code you like, or in any of the other plugins, or wherever you want!! :wink:

There should be instructions about using the font app in the thread.

the orange e200 homescreen has never looked so good!

Cheers m8!! :D

Guest drblow

Here's another .exe file with some extra icons for the bottom row of application shortcuts!! Added backlight app, smart ss, orange update, modem link, keyboard update configuration, all-locations traffic counter, speed dial, pocket mvp.

To use these, you'll need to edit the xml (bottom shortcuts plugin) to reflect the icon resource, icon/chicon numbers, and the location of the app. I've included a text file with the icon resource numbers.

:D

silvertabsapp2.zip

Guest drblow

em ... I've removed the "visible" format state from this xml file - but I have so many things in my tasks list that I can't delete them all to test it out!! :oops:

The xml works fine, so if anybody wants to install this version & let me know if it solves the disappearing tasks plugin?? Ta!! :D

This xml also contains the relevant font settings for neuropol in the clock plugin.

silvertabs2.home.zip

Guest markhammill

Thanks DrBlow, this is a great homescreen.

If you want any shortcut suggestions, here are a few:

BT Auto Switcher

IA Caller ID

Thermo

Mapopolis

ActiveSync

WorldTime

Guest drblow

Some of those are on my to do list anyway so I'll be happy to add the others - as long as I can find 'em all to install & get the icons! I'll post another .exe file soon as poss.

As far as I'm aware you can have as many icons/shortcuts as you like. At some point obviously it'll affect the phone's responsiveness, but I've had at least 15 with no problems.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.