SilverTabs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dbernard

Congratulations on a fantastic homescreen. You have certainly taken these screens to the next level!!!!

I have spent the last 5 days or so making customizations to Silvertab to make it a bit more usable for me. Here are the changes I made:

-Replaced Orange Shortcut plugin with RJShortcut. I am in the USA, using Verizon. The Orange Shortcut is not available to me. The result is a bit less functionality, but it is pretty good.

-Note that within the top shortcuts I am using web links referencing the US National Weather Service, etc. None of the shortcut plugins I have tried allow URLs that include "?" or "&". My link for Yahoo points to the menu, but now deeper because those links include these characters. Using these characters invalidate the homescreen.

-Every plugin above the last line needs to be static, meaning regardless of state, it will still take up the same height. Otherwise, the placement of the subsequent plugins will be off. I chose to put "Profile" in the first window and SmartBatt in the second. [note about SmartBatt--the temperature reading is always 32 degrees Farneheit--it doesnt work on the i600]

-Instead of Oxios Tast control, I use RJTasks. Oxio has an annoying "feature" of advertising its own stand-along task application rather than giving you direct access to the standard task application. Instead of making me go out and get their application, they succeded in getting me to use a different product. It is much better.

-I could not get the fancy font thing working even with the recommended Font Application. So, pain old Nino for me. However, Nino doesn't look so good with the dual color effect, so I removed it.

-For the bottom of the page I used two variable height plugins--Missed Calls and POP3 Email count. I know the POP3 count is a bit redundant from the three counts above the clock, but if you have email, selecting this plugin will take you to that specific account within the InBox, whereas selecting the counts plugin above the clock simply brings you to the inbox that was viewed previously.

-One last point--Colors... While this homescreen is ground breaking in design, it uses a bizarre color scheme that makes many of the text screens unreadable. Try to tell me that when someone calls, that you can actually read the caller ID from the call screen--you can't. So I made a few adjustments to the color scheme....

That's it.... Enjoy....

THanks everyone.

David

Guest dbernard

Well, sincethis site doesn't seem to accept attachments from me, here's the XML:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

-

DrBlow

http://monosapiens.9f.com

silvertabs

silvertabs

silvertabs

silvertabs

silvertabs

silvertabs

silvertabs

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Profile:

-

Profil:

-

Perfil:

-

Profil:

-

Profilo:

-

Perfil:

-

Perfil:

-

Profile:

-

Profil:

-

Profiel:

-

Profil:

-

Profil:

-

Profiili:

-

Profil:

-

Profil:

-

Profil:

-

-

-

Batt:

%

-

-

-

-

T:

°F

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tx:

Tm:

Yd:

Pn:

Od:

Cm:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Missed calls:

-

-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me either, but unlike iTreks I'm actually going to give some details. Do people actually expect assistance in these cases with "it doesn't work". Sheesh! :roll: People, give details!! The dev's aren't psychic!!

Anyway, I've got an SPV that I'm attempting to use this screen on. I've installed the three plug-ins and then the homescreen. The image presented is a tad corrupted. The clock is in the wrong position (see attached image). When scrolling from the top, I can access the following plugins: The first sched, task list, mail count, clock. I can't scroll any further down. The red is me removing a task from the capture, ignore that.

Any thoughts? Looks like a great homescreen, I'd like to get it working.

spv.GIF

Guest scottyucl

Love the home screen, but i can't seem to get the media player plugin. I have been to the link but can't work out what i need. Can anyone help me please?

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

This skin SHOULD work with a c500!! I haven't actually tried this one myself, but I have had problems with some other homescreens locking up the c500 that feature the e200 plugin. :?

TBH m8, I would say try it at your own risk!! Although the worst thing that'll happen is it lock up your phone & you have to pull the battery & reboot. :)

Guest suggsjc

Any idea why I am getting weird numbers for SMS, Email, VMail? Looks like I am getting something to the effect of 400. But I don't have any. Does this require a plugin that I am missing somehow?

Thanks, other than that...GREAT HOMESCREEN!

Guest drblow

That's a bug with 2003 devices - it only happens to me with voice mail. I get 468790436 (0r something) when I have one message! :shock:

You could remove the voice mail from the xml if it's really annoying! :wink:

Glad you like the screen though! :)

Hi.

I installed your skin on my C500, and now I can't turn my phone back on!

The handset hangs on the Windows Mobile screen.

Can anybody help? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah, I replied to your other post. It seems that the c500 does not like some of my themes using the e200 plugin. Totally weird & really annoying, since the e200 plugin IS included in the c500.

Try leaving the phone for a while. I've found that with some homescreens the phone will eventually come on, but will have a 'no valid homescreens ...' error. You can then remove the theme. If not, it's hard reset time! :x

Yeah, I replied to your other post.  It seems that the c500 does not like some of my themes using the e200 plugin.  Totally weird & really annoying, since the e200 plugin IS included in the c500. 

Try leaving the phone for a while.  I've found that with some http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens the phone will eventually come on, but will have a 'no valid http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens ...' error.  You can then remove the theme.  If not, it's http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset time!  :x

Thanks mate, I think it's hard reset time! :roll:

Shame really, bnecause the skin looks great. I'll give it another go and let you know if it works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.