SilverTabs

BEST HOMESCREEN TO DATE! imo ^_^

just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to edit the xml to change the location of the bottom shortcuts.. my shortcuts are in folders :D

thanks guys

Thanks m8! ^_^

To change the shortcuts, open the xml & scroll down to the bottom plugin. Where the plugin points to StorageWindowsStart Menu...

Then add your folder names in after 'Start Menu' in each link, OK? :wink:

You can change the shortcuts just as I described above. To change the icons, you would need to make 'em!! & then add them to the icon resource .exe. Thats a simple process using reshack. If you search the forum there is plenty of stuff about using reshack & making icon resource files - see the how to document included with my Cobalt theme.

hmm.. i changed the shortcuts though they still dont work.. what i did was:

Copy the .xml file from my phone to desktop.. edit it accordingly, copy and overwrite it back to the phone.. restart the phone.. the shortcuts still dont work.. ^_^

i dont get it.. iam not a novice when it comes to creating links etc..

Strange!? :shock: Dunno what the problem is, if you've edited the xml in the shortcuts to the path for your desired apps, thats all there is to it. Check the code carefully for errors, or post the code up here.

<plugin focus="PARTIAL" highlight="transparent"  half-highlight="TRANSPARENT" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="22" width="100%" >

<format state="selected" padding-left="29" padding-right="7" padding-top="6" bgcolor="transparent" /> 

<format state="unselected" padding-left="29" padding-right="7" padding-top="6" bgcolor="transparent" />

<background b-border-width="0" />

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="103" chicon="104" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuSmart Explorer EN.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="105" chicon="106" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesTask Manager.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="107" chicon="108" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuMultimediaVoice Notes.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="109" chicon="110" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuInternetMSN Messenger.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="111" chicon="112" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuMultimediaMultimedia Album.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="113" chicon="114" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuIA Style ToolsSpace Maker.lnk" ></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="115" chicon="116" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuMultimediaVideo Recorder.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="117" chicon="118" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesCalculator.lnk"></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="119" chicon="120" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuSP TM Free Mem.lnk" ></shortcut>

<shortcut imagesource="StorageApplication DataHomesilvertabsapp.exe" icon="121" chicon="122" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesConfigurationsBT Settings.lnk"></shortcut>

</plugin>

</home>

:D

while ive got your attention how do i make the date a tiny bit bigger? or just make it so its not bold.. and is it possible to remove the analog clock without ruining the layout ^_^

you rock m8!

That cod efor the shortcuts looks fine - dunno whats wrong there. You can change the font size of the date in the RJTime plugin, and I guess you could move the clock x value to 200 or something, then it won't show.

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

Someone mentioned Statscat's email send/receive plugin earlier, which I can't find anywhere!! Can someone point me in the right direction for it. I assume that this plugin needs to be installed before the send/receive email shortcut on the homescreen works? At the moment I get the 'Error opening the shortcut....' etc error.

Thanks...

You don't have to install anything - its just a function of the e200 plugin. Have you moved your inbox shortcut in your start menu? It'll probably be to do with the path the plugin is looking for.

Guest FrankyG

Ah I see, I had kinda figured that the start menu order was important. At the moment I have;

Inbox

Contacts

Call History (dunno how that got there"!)

Calendar

Settings

Orange (folder)

Camera

Multimedia Album

on the first page. What should the correct order be?

Thanks..

EDIT:

I have figured out the links from the xml, but I still do have a problem with the 'Create new appointment' link. Here's the code snippet, does it look ok? My Calendar .lnk is still in the Start Menu folder.

Busy

The Calendar is already busy

Create a new appointment

Looks ok to me, but when I click the link on the homescreen it just takes me to the calendar, stopping short of creating new appointment dialogue.

Any ideas?

Cheers...

Guest FrankyG

Hey I could have edited the above but can't be bothered :wink:

So, I've made some changes to the xml so that most of the links and shortcuts on the homescreen work now. DrBlow, were you aware that most of the your xml referenced 'mail.exe' where it should have been 'Messaging.exe'. Anyway, I've made the necessary changes so that it works now. Also, on the homescreen there is a link to 'Send/Receive mail' which wasn't working. On closer inspection, the line of xml which needs to be correct is this;

Do you need the '!Calendar' part...does the Calendar.lnk not open the Calendar anyway? I'm purely guessing as I don't know anything about the sendkeys fuction.

Credit for a super skin-I just had to get it working right ^_^

silvertabs.home.zip

Hmm ... are you using this on a c500? I thought 'mail.exe' only changed to 'messaging.exe' in 2003se?

Not too sure about the new appt one - I didnt actually script that myself, just ripped it off the Orange default theme! ^_^ It definatley works on my old e200. If you are using a c500 maybe the thing to do is copy that part of the xml from the Orange e200 theme for c500 (on Orange download).

Guest FrankyG
Hmm ... are you using this on a c500?  I thought 'mail.exe' only changed to 'messaging.exe' in 2003se?.

Indeed. I should have been more specific. the .exe is called tmail.exe, where as the shortcuts to the exe are called messaging.lnk. Hope that clears it up for anyone I confused ^_^

• 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.