8390 : External display problem (Found Solution!! 19/04)

Guest ultimate

Guest ultimate

Hi folks, there's this bugging problem with my 8390 that I can't solve:

The message symbol on the front display always comes on and re-lights itself every few minutes.

I've removed all the sms, cleared all the folders, did hard-reboot and re-sync and its still back.

I've followed EMGENIUS method of "removing phantom sms", executed the "phantom emails buster" and its still there.

Now I'm really stumped as I keep staring the the stupid envelope blink every few minutes and blocking the date/time. Not to mention the high power wastage too.

Anybody has a solution???

hey there i get that aswell, something to do with getting network messages, i have been looking around for a solution but aint found one yet. When i do i will def post it here.

"Z"

Guest ultimate

Its a really stupid problem, hope you can find the solution soon coz I've almost given up. The blinking "envelope" really cuts down the power by almost 30%.

You said it has to do with network messages?? but somehow even with the radio off, it still happens.

Guest ultimate

I may have found the solution to this problem!!!

I downloaded this file from MITAC service website: (attached file below). Its called SIM CARD SMS Cleaner (SIMCleaner.exe).

Just place it directly into one of the folders in the 8390 and run it. At first, it cant be run because I do not have any sms in my sim card. So what I did was to take out this sim card and place it in a Nokia phone and send an sms to myself (it will be stored in the SIM). After that I place it back on the 8390 and run the program.

Wollah!!! For the last 20 minutes I didn't see the "unread message" indicator anymore. I believe MITAC provided this as a solution but didn't really announce it.

SIMCleaner.zip

SIMCleaner.exe