Bluetooth

Guest paulsdad

Guest paulsdad

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm told by level 2 tech support at Samsung that there are several i600 users that have been able to get drivers to enable the Socket SDIO Bluetooth card to work in the i600. Since Samsung doesn't support this, they can't tell me how to do it or where to find the correct drivers. Is there anyone here that has been able to get Bluetooth to work on their i600?

• 1 month later...
Guest Sonic Death Monkey

I found one as well at buy.com. I am hoping it will work for a number of reasons.

1. USB connection to my PC causes interference with my USB switch box

2. Potential hands free in the car.

3. Bluetooth headsets.

4. Eventually a GPS for the car.

If anyone gets this to work please post so we can all know.

SDM

Guest paulsdad

Is the device on Buy.com an SDIO Bluetooth device? If so, I've already tried it and the driver doesn't seem to work with the i600.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Guest Malkie

Bluetooth support is only available in some third party developer software for the 2002 OS. The i600 does not work with BT with that OS. 2003 has BT support and if want any other BT, Wi-Fi, or peripherals to work on the i600 you must contact the developer of said product to see if they have written drivers for our phone. Let me know if you find any such products. While I have looked long and much for said peripherals, alas they do not exsist... for this OS. GPS, Headset, FM, TV, 1.3 Megapixel camera, Sandisk Wi-Fi SD I/O card, Socket SD I/O BT card, etc. Good luck! -MalKiE

Guest paulsdad

Thanks, it is my understanding that the 2003 OS will be available through an upgrade link either this week or next. We'll see what that brings.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Malkie

I upgraded to the 2003 OS earlier this week and I have a USB Bluetooth device on my desktop (a class I (330ft.)) and will be getting the Socket SD BT card over the Labor Day weekend and will let you know how it goes. Even if the OS doesn't support BT (like it says it does) I'm sure that SmartExplorerEN 2.0.2 w/ BT support will work for file transfers, tho I will be a little miffed if I can't stream video/audio to my phone. MalKiE

Guest Deyth
I upgraded to the 2003 OS earlier this week and I have a USB Bluetooth device on my desktop (a class I (330ft.)) and will be getting the Socket SD BT card over the Labor Day weekend and will let you know how it goes. Even if the OS doesn't support BT (like it says it does) I'm sure that SmartExplorerEN 2.0.2 w/ BT support will work for file transfers, tho I will be a little miffed if I can't stream video/audio to my phone. MalKiE

My main interest is the wireless headset option. Please keep us informed here once you get the card.

Guest Malkie

Yeah I will. I want to get a BT headset myself probably a Jabra but it's a little bulky. there are 2 0r 3 nice sleek ones in Pocket PC magazine that run avg. $100. I have a Garmin eTrex Vista GPS but once I find a decent third party GPS BT app. The big thing I looking forward to tho is streaming audio/video. MalKiE

Guest ddarche

Did the 2003 upgrade as well, today. I also want the BT headset and waiting for someone to report it works.

From what I am guessing, the 600i will need a BT SD Card to do this? I suspect there is no internal BT capabilities, without the SD BT Card?

Thx Dave D.

My main interest is the wireless headset option. Please keep us informed here once you get the card.

• 1 month later...

Hey just thought you all'd want to know, I am ready to purchase a Bluetooth SDIO card for my i600 but have run into a few snags. The snags are on the manufacturers end and pertain to nobody out there seems to know whether or not their product works with the i600. I contacted Socket and they said 'NO' I replied and got naughta. Verizon said 'NO' Microsoft asked me if I would like to purchase a slim jim to go with my slurpee (i.e. they moved their tech support to India and noone there even knows what an i600 is) I tried contacting SanDisk and have recieved no definitive response. The only people I have not contacted is Samsung simply because in the past they have managed to WOW me with how little they know about their own products. My understanding based on the research I've done is that only Socket and SanDisk make the SDIO BT card and right now SanDisk is the only company that hasn't told me flat out 'NO' I think I am going to wait though as SanDisk has a card that is Wi-Fi/256Mb storage and I would like to not have to remove my apps just to use the wireless so I will probably wait for a Bluetooh/Storage combo card as I feel they will release one soon. Will continue to keep you posted -MalKie

• 2 weeks later...

O.k. I contacted Samsung and they have told me that there are SDIO peripherals out there but they do not support them and that I would have to do the research myself. Socket, as I've already said, said 'NO', Sandisk won't respond to correspondance and there is a new company in the fray called Pretec and I just sent them an email. I am also a subscriber to PocketPC magazine and have contacted them as they often get promotionals that they get to test before writing an article so I am waiting hopefully for a positive response. Pretec has a cool concept an SDIO card with interchangeable heads i.e. you would not have to remove the card just the GPS head and replace it with the camera head. sounds interesting but as of this post there is no mention of the word 'Smartphone" anywhere on their site. I think I'm just going to buy a PocketPC device for christmas and give up on the Smartphone peripherals. -MalKiE

PocketPC has responded and suggested I speak with the Hardware developers on their forum and apparently there is NOTHING avialable out htere for our phones... yet having waited sooo long for the OS upgrade I am not willing to wait another f'ing year just for drivers for a peripheral that works with the next largest size platform and everything else on the market. -MalKiE

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bugwart

Since I am in Taiwan this month, I took the opportunity to ask a friend at a major electronics company about developing a BT SDIO card (with drivers) for the i600. I got some interesting information.

The company has not made SDIO yet, so the answer was no on the development question for technical reasons. However, I did learn that Samsung has developed their own BT chip.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest craftonc
Any luck finding any BT solutions for the i600 its very frusterating as the phone would be perfect with a BT SDIO card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's been almost two months... any luck.... anyone?

Guest SinisterJunkie

Unfortunately there are no smartphone drivers currently available for SDIO BT or WiFi Cards. Probably won't ever become available. It is looking more and more like we will be waiting for the next generation of devices with Windows Mobile 2005.