Eclipse: First Wave released!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xavierjohn22

Wahhh!

Sö mäny rocks, hé hé.

Anybödy whö hävé thé füll vérsiön äblé tö finish thé gåmé?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest atonks

I still haven't managed to complete the first level. And I'm a bit worried that when I do :roll: I'll have to go through it all again when I die 3 seconds into the second level. A save function would be a very good idea. Or at least something that means you can start at the begining of whatever level you've reached.

Guest midnight

atonks, dont worry, when you complete the level once you'll fins you can almost do it every time, like all shootemups, the key is simply learning where the patterns are, know what you have to shoot and know what you can dodge. Each level throws up a new surprise, usually in the shape of a new ship or two (aswell as the levels looking completely different), oh and before you ask, no i cant complete the game yet(not had enough time to try it), but i can complete each level individually, and starting without powerups, cos muff was cruel and gave me a level skip but not invulnerability, however, i can get up to level 5

Guest nickcornaglia

Time will tell whether or not this game is TOO hard. It's too early to tell right now. A good game should take you a month to complete, playing a couple of times a day.

I personally dont look forward to getting to level 5 and having to start all over again.

If things prove to be too hard, may I suggest one or more of the following:

1) Level Saving.

2) Easy, Medium, or Hard game play levels that start you off with different weapons and/or speeds.

3) Keeping all accumulated powerups in an individual game.

4) An invincibility cheat....when all else fails.

It would be a waste for anyone not to be able to see/play all the levels. This would give an option to play correctly or play for "the experience".

Guest Jabbsy

Yeah, even if Eclipse didnt remember which level u got up to previously...

I remember retro games like bubble bobble where you could just enter a code to go to a specific level, that would be cool. Then u dont even need to worry about losing ur progress if u hard-reset ur phone!

Guest midnight

Errrr, this is a shoot-em-up with 7 levels, time taken to complete start to finish, approx 40 mins, bubble bobble=platform type game, with 100 levels, approx time to complete start to finish 2hrs + (oh, and in the arcade, no code, you had to complete all in one sitting)

the games are completely different, Eclipse is more about racking up a high score than see how many levels you can progress through (well, there is an element of getting through the levels aswell of course), in the tradition of classic arcade shooters such as R-Type, Darius and Gradius (how many of you honestly could complete Gradius?).

As for Easy and hard mode, there is, kind of.... The bomber is harder than the fighter

Guest Jabbsy
Errrr, this is a shoot-em-up with 7 levels, time taken to complete start to finish, approx 40 mins

True, if it was easy, but like many ppl have said on ths topic they can't even get past level 1 after a week of playing it hehe. Think it would be a huge relief for those guys if after they'd completed the level they had an option of writing a code down to skip the level they've just toiled over so they know the previous weeks hard work wasn't in vain :wink:

Guest Vector

To be honest, i've found that now i complete the first level on my first go every time (or get killed by the boss).. :D

...and i am getting better at the second level (i have found the best way to get past the sheet of bombers ;)) :lol:

Guest midnight

see, told you once youve done it once, it almost becomes second nature :D

now isnt that a greater sense of acheivement than doing it first go ;)

Guest Vector

Yeh, i see what you mean now :D

Some games get boring because they are too easy and you complete them in a matter of a few hours sometimes....but this isn't so easy and it gets me frustrated, which makes me wanna prove a point :lol: (to who i don't know ;))

Guest peekie

:wink: :wink: tryed the demo ( not a tight fisted dutch person ) found it cool will be the first purchase with my new mastercard nice game mid any add on packs to come ?? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest midnight

an add-on is coming soon, should spice things up a little :D

along with version 1.2 which should fix the e200 issues

Guest g4mb17

will the demo be updated to v1.2? i used to have project X on amiga and quite like whta i've seen of this game. don't suppose you can point me at the post with a list of e200 issues anyone?

riki

Guest midnight

yes, the demo will be updated to 1.2 aswell, the e200 bugs seem to be that occasioanally the high scores and key config are lost, these now appear to be fixed with version 1.2 which we'll be releasing within the next couple of days. (and there will be a patch made available for current 1.0 and 1.1 owners obviously)

Guest atonks
yes, the demo will be updated to 1.2 aswell, the e200 bugs seem to be that occasioanally the high scores and key config are lost, these now appear to be fixed with version 1.2 which we'll be releasing within the next couple of days. (and there will be a patch made available for current 1.0 and 1.1 owners obviously)

Any news?

Guest midnight

final checks just being done, we're going to get the game signed, and so we need to make sure this version is fully stable before we release it, hence the slight delay. but it is still happening :)

Guest nickcornaglia

BTW...I have finally completed the first level and can do so everytime with barely a loss in even my shield.

Now the second level....that's a killer. Damn Tanks and Rockets!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.