Eclipse: First Wave released!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 3 weeks later...
Guest midnight

no idea, i think other people have tried it and it works.

Unfortunately because this is not an official upgrade we cannot support it.

Guest gravity

Well you don't know which one is an official update and which one isn't(Since an official one was made available to people). If I wanted to sell more games I'd be helping someone who couldn't get the demo running instead of worrying about how someone got the OS. I can assure you if Microsoft/Motorola didn't want this upgrade to be out in the open they would have taken action by now.

Guest midnight

there hasnt been an official upgrade for MPX200 with Windows Mobile 2003, we cannot be seen to be promoting piracy, and seeing as how the leaked Windows Mobile 2003 rom is illegal, I dont see why we should have to support it.

oh, and they have taken action, have you noticed msmobiles doesnt have it on his site anymore :P

ps. as i said, some people have tried it and it works, thats good enough for me.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unless you got the update from Motorola or the actual network

the phone comes from then it's likely it is not legal.

Simple when you look at it that way :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest schriss

Cool!! Recently I bought Dell Axim X30 624MHz :)

I hope I will be able to control via touchscreen like in SiberianStrikeX, using keys is painful :?

Guest schriss

Just like in SiberianStrikeX :P It works great, you touch the screen and the ship moves in that direction, very simple. So you just move the pen around the screen, ship follows, with autofire enabled it is the best way to play :D

Besides, some Pocket PCs doesn't have keypad at all. Or if it is present, it's hard to use in landscape mode.

I can't imagine playing with keys, especially on C500 :)

By the way, in Pocket Quake you can move with keys, while using touchscreen for mouse-view (look around), now this rocks :D

Guest schriss

Wow, and I thought it's so similiar and would be so cool to control with touchscreen :)

Anyway, keypad isn't very games-friendly on my pocket pc especially in landscape mode :?

Guest midnight

good thing it will most likely be in portrait mode then aint it hehe :)

siberian strike is a vertical shooter where you dont need to avoid any walls, the tight nature of Eclipse on some of the levels means you could quite easily die on the scenery if using the stylus.

Guest schriss

hehe, thanks :)

But seriously: there won't be any touchscreen movement? I can't imagine the difficulties, but hey, I'm not a programmer :D Could you explain it, maybe we will break a new ground with it :P

Guest schriss

I my opinion it would play just as excellent as Siberian Strike X, but I won't argue :cry: (just deleted Raymen because couldn't play with keypad :x )

I even have an idea on how to control movement in 3D shooter with touchscreen... I'm beta testing this great Yeti game:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...35&start=75#top

getting 32fps on Mio8390 :)

Guest schriss

Yes, I know :) In latest version you can walk around, interact with terminals, kill robots and take stuff from them, charge energy on pads, exchange stuff with guard... looks promising :-)

Getting back to Eclipse: can't wait for Pocket PC version :P Still the greatest game for Smartphone :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.