Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest maxh2003
Um, please tell me you deleted that post yourself....  

Right? Otherwise I'm quite worried.

If you mean unclelimey's post naming a racing game (without using asterisks), it was a moderator who deleted it - unless unclelimey would care to correct me?

While I'm here, this URL:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

strongly suggests that no-one had a problem when we were all discussing SNES games a year ago. Paul can *still* make any decision he likes, because this is still *his* site, but this does now look a little unfair - why was it OK then but not now?

Guest fdave2

If you mean unclelimey's post naming a racing game (without using asterisks), it was a moderator who deleted it - unless unclelimey would care to correct me?

While I'm here, this URL:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

strongly suggests that no-one had a problem when we were all discussing SNES games a year ago. Paul can *still* make any decision he likes, because this is still *his* site, but this does now look a little unfair - why was it OK then but not now?

That is indeed very interesting. I take it Paul is the moderator of this forum (site?)

Paul, have you got anything to say at this point?

Guest maxh2003
I take it Paul is the moderator of this forum (site?)

Moderator and owner of this site (see the copyright notice at the bottom of the page), Microsoft MVP, Smartphone advocate and all-round good guy :-D :-D :-D

Guest fdave2

Moderator and owner of this site (see the copyright notice at the bottom of the page), Microsoft MVP, Smartphone advocate and all-round good guy :-D :-D :-D

Hi Paul! I'm Dave - my website is at....

http://www.finalburn.com/

Do you do some PHP scripting? I've just been playing around with it today at work actually. Looks quite cool! I've done Perl and a bit of Java Servlets before, but never PHP till today...

Guest unclelimey

if you mean the conspiracy theory post then

yeah- i deleted it, didnt wanna start a riot :)

just read the topic about the snes emulator... hmm i see it was ok to mention roms back then but not now, i wonder why...?

by the way max/dave.. if you can get that racing game i mentioned eariler working, then my life will be complete 8)

Guest fdave2
if you mean the conspiracy theory post then

yeah- i deleted it, didnt wanna start a riot :)

just read the topic about the snes emulator... hmm i see it was ok to mention roms back then but not now, i wonder why...?

by the way max/dave.. if you can get that racing game i mentioned eariler working, then my life will be complete  8)

didn't know there was a MD version... did it have Ozzy? (on the soundtrack)

Guest kingdom master

its never been ok, back then it wasnt so much a problem although a few of us recieved warnings for talking bout them. if max and dave want ill create a website with working lists for all the emuls on spv. with updates as they wish. as i own several thousand games on many systems and the ones i dont own i wont download. im in no legal infrigement. and its not illegal for you guys to read a list. you can pm or email me with updated roms lists and ill update. but please can somoene work on the snes emul!! such great potential maybe a emul team could be put together to work on these things. ill happily test it all dont care bout rekin my phone i have several of them.

Guest agent.m

cool! I remember posting a link to a spectrum site for pocket clive. But got hand slapped even though the site said the roms where for free :)

The Spectrum roms are © Amstrad, but they have granted free distribution for emulators, see (censored) for details.

was the quote :wink:

Guest unclelimey

didn't know there was a MD version... did it have Ozzy? (on the soundtrack)

it has the same soundtrack as the snes version

Guest kingdom master

this is the kind of thing i was thinking,

By using roms, you specify that you agreed to the following:

· You own the actual game that you are downloading.

· If you do not have the actual game for the ROM you are downloading, then the ROM must be deleted from your computer within 24 hours.

· No ROMS will be sold by you.

· Modaco and its webhosts / webmaster / owner/ staff / sponsors will not be liable for your actions or actions taken towards you. Any and all damages done to your computer is entirely your responsibility, we cannot be held liable for it.

· For controversial reasons, if you are affiliated with any government, ANTI-Piracy group or any other related group, or were formally a worker of one you CANNOT enter this web site, cannot access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site.

· We reserve the right to change this policy any time.

· If and only if you agree to all of the above then you may continue

Guest fdave

I CANNOT believe that after, what 6 years or something this still has to be said, but here goes.

DO NOT E-MAIL ME FILES WITHOUT ASKING FIRST, PLEASE!!

Thank you. Okay, now let's carry on.

[PS - no rom requests, just in case that needs to be said as well after 6 years!]

Guest fdave
cool! I remember posting a link to a spectrum site for pocket clive. But got hand slapped even though the site said the roms where for free  :)

The Spectrum roms are © Amstrad, but they have granted free distribution for emulators, see (censored) for details.

was the quote :wink:

Jesus Christ, so talking about games is wrong, but posting rom links is okay? (I think we can ALL guess what that site is...)

What the hell? I was on the Symbian site and they were posting direct rom links... this is what I meant, this place is mental! Now I've got people e-mailing me 1megabyte rom images!

Please everyone, calm DOWN!

Guest fdave
its never been ok, back then it wasnt so much a problem although a few of us recieved warnings for talking bout them. if max and dave want ill create a website with working lists for all the emuls on spv. with updates as they wish. as i own several thousand games on many systems and the ones i dont own i wont download. im in no legal infrigement. and its not illegal for you guys to read a list. you can pm or email me with updated roms lists and ill update. but please can somoene work on the snes emul!! such great potential maybe a emul team could be put together to work on these things. ill happily test it all dont care bout rekin my phone i have several of them.

...or you could just look at the Symbian site, they don't have a problem with compatibility lists clearly! (There is no difference between Symbian and Microsoft compatibility :)

Amusing fact, I've just filled out an election form, which was so complicated it's actually much harder than developing PicoDrive. Crazy.

Guest agent.m

Jesus Christ, so talking about games is wrong, but posting rom links is okay? (I think we can ALL guess what that site is...)

What the hell? I was on the Symbian site and they were posting direct rom links... this is what I meant, this place is mental! Now I've got people e-mailing me 1megabyte rom images!

Please everyone, calm DOWN!

this is why the mods said no talking about which roms you have etc. Its not my thing to get bothered about people not following rules and such but it only takes a few to badword things up for many. So im gonna explain. The other day whilst looking for a java emulator a friend of mine pointed towards a chinese site. i managed to track down the site alright and found the eclipse game as well. dont think they were giving away the reg code but it was in chinese so i may be wrong. :roll: Midnight if you want me to send you the link to contact the site im willing to help :wink:

ps Arcade@home is the best place to discuss roms. And links to site etc. They a discussion on which were the essential megadrive roms. It was where i was introduced to FinalBurn,Impact,Mame &Raine emulators :lol: we should have a mobile/Smartphone section on their site :lol:

didnt even notice they edited my post :shock:

Guest midnight

yes, absolutely, that would be very helpfull.

As for the Rom talk issue, i have contacted Paul and hopefully he will be the one to give you the definitive reply. I can express how i feel about it, but, its Paul who sets the rules (although they are discussed amongst all Mods of course), and it should be Paul, as the owner of the site to tell you about MoDaCo's policies.

Guest quacka

Seriously how many of you here can dump games from your megadrive or nintendo cart to be play on these emulators?

I don't many if not ANY.

Emulation boards I been on just ban public rom sharing. I don't know why people bother priv msg each person for a rom and wait for a reply. Roms are easily accessible on the web. In the time it takes for one person to priv msg asking for a rom, get a return reply, to the time they arrange some kind of delivery method. You prob can get the whole rom set by then.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I don't know, I go to work and comeback to find all hells broken lose :)

The reason behind this clampdown is as follows;

The occasional talk of this and that was ok but when people started to post massive lists of roms they owned (one person even claimed to have about 3GB of them) it was time to slow down the flood.

As I have said on numerous occasions this site is not for promoting roms

and people advertising the games they have will only encourage others to pm and ask for copies. This topic was becoming more of a library index

instead of discussing the actual emulator.

Basically in my opinion it was a few individuals that ruined it for everyone.

Right or wrong I stand by the decision I made and those on the site who know me, know I play by the rules and take no nonsense :lol:

Guest fdave2
Seriously how many of you here can dump games from your megadrive or nintendo cart to be play on these emulators?

I don't many if not ANY.

Emulation boards I been on just ban public rom sharing. I don't know why people bother priv msg each person for a rom and wait for a reply. Roms are easily accessible on the web. In the time it takes for one person to priv msg asking for a rom, get a return reply, to the time they arrange some kind of delivery method. You prob can get the whole rom set by then.

Even if you could, it would be illegal. I doubt you are licensed to make a Rom image of a cartridge, and there is something called copy-right.

IANAL though - anyone know?

Guest awarner [MVP]
ok.. so how come my post yesterday, which only mentioned one rom, was deleted?

It was not by me, so I can not comment on the actual post, but as I said

mentioning actual roms does not help the actual emulator as it is a general problem.

If you feel you have an actual problem that you are sure is related to a rom and not the emulator then it would be better to contact the author

directly instead of mentioning it here.

Guest unclelimey

i dont agree with that... in order for the emulator to work to its best ability, the need to share a roms performance with the authors of the emu is a must, so they can tweak the emu to make everything work, the best way to do this is on the forum so that everyone can see the problems with some roms

Surely thats what this forum is about... smartphone users helping each other, i was only trying to help them make the rom work correctly ... not offering myself up for rom sharing with anyone.

Also, nobody has ever PM'd me or emailed me about megadrive rom sharing, so i imagine most people here are not trying to rom share, moreover just trying to get the best out of this great emulator that max and dave have given us

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest awarner [MVP]
Surely thats what this forum is about... smartphone users helping each other, i was only trying to help them make the rom work correctly ... not offering myself up for rom sharing with anyone.

Also, nobody has ever PM'd me or emailed me about megadrive rom sharing, so i imagine most people here are not trying to rom share, moreover just trying to get the best out of this great emulator that max and dave have given.

I all for helping other users, otherwise I would not be here, but we do

have to draw the line somewhere.

I do not want to drag this out and end up in an endless circular argument,

but as for pm's etc I have lost count on the ones I recieve asking for

roms, warez, serials etc so I know it can be a problem. It makes me

laugh though when someone askes me for a serial numbers etc and then they

wonder why they get a warning :roll: :) :roll:

Guest Jamma14

Hey ive jsut downloaded the latest version of picodrive but it wont pick up any roms when i go into the program the only option is to quit. I've got all the roms in the same folder what am i doing wrong? any help greatly appreciated.