Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest phonesmarts

NICE! but to bad i still dont know what games work and dont work...:) guess i will have to test em for myself.

@dave: how did you mod your xbox? i want to replace the old hard drive with a 120 GB. is the HD availible off the shelf? (like computer stores)

Guest mushra

Man!! this is great another update, now i don't have rename saves that i want to keep. :) A load o' thanks to all the people who are helping make this emulator as good as it can be.

fingers crossed for many more updates in the future 8)

Guest muzzio_giovanni

hi guys I notice i little bug for key setting in my mpx200

when i set left pad button like down and rigth pad button like up the settings don't work : left became up and there isn't a down one

BUT

when i setting rigth pad button like down and left pad button like up it work fine withouth problems

[edit by midnight: please DO NOT refer to roms, please read first post]

in this new version of the emulator i find many good update like the problem with the resize of the screen but i don't understand very well the save/load position on the storage card.Someone can tell me the rigth way for load/save a game?

Guest Sasuke

Great emulator, good speed. only downside seems to be the keys do not work if you change the orientation of the screen to have to screen horizontal on the left and the keypad on the right (having the phone sideways)

still early stages yet, hope a fix for this will be included with the next release.

btw. my handset is a MPx200, does anyone else have this problem with an Mpx200 or any SPVs?

Guest ka_oni_kappa

Thank god other people are having problems remapping the keys!

I thought it was just me.

The other versions have been fine though.

Guest gravity

This is great, I still have my Mega Drive + 100s of game for it. I still play them and it'll be great to take them with me where ever I go.

Guest phonesmarts

yeah, the key mapping doesnt seem to work. i cant seem to go up...(all the other settings work fine)

i could go left, right, down, but just not up.

Guest awarner [MVP]

For those with the MPX200 remember that there are a load of key conflicts that will affect fire and movement controls.

Guest retro

just a Idea for Picodrive, on the Game select, is it possible to have them in alphabetical order.

What do you thing the Poss of the Emu running MegaCD, or Maybe 32x. in the long Future ahead of this great EMU

Guest xavierjohn22

Nöt häving pröbléms ön key mapping héré.

Althöugh its a gööd idéa tö arrangé filés réad ör spécify a földer which it will réad.

It is réading all the .bin in my sD card and thats a löt including .bin fröm apps.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest quacka

I don't think that is the problem though awarner

All the key mapping used to work fine in the previous version of picodrive before this recent version.

The problem with teh key issue is not using two key at once but the key don't work at all when you press it by itself and it down key is mapped to up instead of down.

Guest phonesmarts

hes right. its not the key conflicts that doesnt allow me to move up, its the mapping itself. the older versions :) *Down-Left*

Speaking of reading files, does anyone here get the bin files on the IPSM?

@xj, no problems here? what are your key configs for the pDrive?

Guest ka_oni_kappa

Is there way of getting hold of an older version of PICODRIVE as the version before this one was working perfectly...

I have an SPV original and the key mapping aint working with this version unless i have the screen horizontal!

Which is a bit akward.

Is maximum carnage still on holiday?

where desperate for an update! :wink:

Guest Transform

ok so i have an e100 and i am playing sonic on the emulator. its a bit laggy wen i play it (looks like really low frame rate). i have made sure that all other programs are closed but its still laggy. can anyone help?

Guest maxh2003
Is maximum carnage still on holiday?  

where desperate for an update!

LOL @ "maximum carnage"!!

Yep, still on holiday... but cybercafes are wonderful things :) Though Spanish keyboards are ¡¡confusing!!

Can´t post an update though!!

anyone here get the bin files on the IPSM?

IIRC, it only searches "Storage Card" and "SDMMC" at the moment. It can easily be expanded to search IPSM and Storage too, so I´ll add that to the next version.

down key is mapped to up instead of down
Does anyone have this problem, but NOT on an MPX200? I didn´t think I´d changed this code, only added to it, so the behaviour shouldn´t have changed. Can´t say I´ve seen a problem on my E200...?

possible to have them in alphabetical order

Probably...! I´ll see what I can do when I get back (Monday at the earliest...)

Max

Guest unclelimey

i think having the files in alphabetical order would be a bad idea, on my list of roms.. there are bin files appearing from other games on my storage card... some of these are named "area", so they would appear at the top, not good

Guest dnavarro77

I know my Samsung i600 has this key mapping issue also. It is only when I use a right and left buttons as Up/Down (in landscape mode). Thx again for the great emulator!

Guest djboo

any chance 'settings.bin' could be ignored from file requester (since i think supertroopers has hundreds of files called that)

Guest Stomski

Any chance that it shouldn't search for ROMs at all and just display a specific directory?

I would have thought most people put ALL their ROMs in a single folder. How hard is it really to have a directory select dialog and the last used directory stored in the registry.

Heck if not that, just make people put their ROMs in a subdirectory (eg ROMS) of the app directory.

Searching my 256MB SDCard takes time. Heaven forbid what it must be like for people with even bigger cards.

If you need help, I'm willing to offer some UI code.

edit: Alternatively, if you can't be botherd to do a folder browse, a splash screen in the background stating that the search is going on would be nice.

Thanks...

Guest darren22

Has anybody noticed a slow down with version 2?

I've loaded it onto an original SPV, games to be slower and a bit jerkier.

Guest Taoski

OOh.

I just played Picodrive on my mates PocketPC.... OMG! It rocks.

No slowdown or glitching at all on Sonic.

Total class. Now then... how much are them PDA things? :)