Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest agent.m

just realised that if u have the shortcut of picodrive and load it up like u do with the other programs u find the load/save state and emulator speed opotions missing. :wink:

Guest mushra

will the next update increase the amount of games that can be played because at the moment i cant seem to get any good rpg's working

Guest kr00t0n
will the next update increase the amount of games that can be played because at the moment i cant seem to get any good rpg's working

It's all about phantasy star 4 :)

Not gonna start playing it til the save option is a bit more solid

Guest phonesmarts

i agree...the once i save in ps, and i reload it after an exit, it crashes. however, when you are still playing the game and save and load, it works. (i.e. die fighting and want to go back save pt. in town)

but great emu, keep it up! :)

Guest Stomski

I noticed something [edit]. I was saving and reloading fine, but then I'd stop playing.

When I started the emulator up again I couldn't reload.

Then I tried actually starting a new game and then reloading and this worked.

I don't know how the load code works, but something's definately a tad weird.

Guest mushra

where has this Max2003 guy got to he hasn't posted any replies since tuesday the 11th! and i so need to play some new games... That work... Properly.

Guest unclelimey
where has this Max2003 guy got to he hasn't posted any replies since tuesday the 11th! and i so need to play some new games... That work... Properly.

he went on his holiday, i suggest you be nicer, after all, he is doing all this for free

respect to him

Guest fdave
any update on the sound? cause this emu ROX!

no, haven't done anything yet. want to get 68000 solid before moving onto the rest (z80, ym2612, psg)

Guest fdave
NICE!  but to bad i still dont know what games work and dont work...:)  guess i will have to test em for myself.

@dave:  how did you mod your xbox?  i want to replace the old hard drive with a 120 GB.  is the HD availible off the shelf?  (like computer stores)

no idea - look at www.premodded.com

i left the 8Gb one in

Guest fdave
i agree...the once i save in ps, and i reload it after an exit, it crashes.  however, when you are still playing the game and save and load, it works.  (i.e. die fighting and want to go back save pt. in town)

but great emu, keep it up! :)

hmmm, you been saving a pointer Max? tut tut :lol:

Guest x2c4u

hi all! can any 1 help me to install pico drive! im using the latest version (PicoDrive0017) i think? no idea!

anyhow, i copied the gx.dll and picodrive.exe to a folder named pico and placed in the startmenu. then i used the filemanager to run the picodrive.exe... now all i c is a black blank screen! and nuthin happens...i cant even end the screen... i had to take out the battery! any help?

btw im using qtek 7070

Guest maxh2003
How hard is it really to have a directory select dialog and the last used directory stored in the registry... I'm willing to offer some UI code.
If you have some appropriate code lying around by all means do mail it to me, and I'll try to patch it in.

Options for loading, then, are:

1) All directories checked, list sorted by directory, as per what we have now, but with a "Searching for ROMs" popup

2) As above, list sorted by ROM filename

3) Browser window allowing (forcing) you to navigate to the correct directory

...anyone got any preferences? I'll have a go at any of 'em, personally I found the pause while it checks for ROMs tolerable (on my E200 w 256Mb SD) but at least it could have the "Searching" splash.

hmmm, you been saving a pointer Max? tut tut

Erm... might have done...!

Seriously, I spent some time staring at this one, was convinced I was saving actual things as opposed to the pointers to them, but it showed the bug as described by many people above. Re-wrote the code for a later version and it was (slightly) more elegant code but still showed the exact same bug.

I'll have another crack at it then get in touch with you, Dave, to see if you can spot the dumb-ass errors I'm no doubt making. If that's OK, of course... :-)

copied the gx.dll and picodrive.exe... all i c is a black blank screen

Sounds to me very much like you're running the PocketPC version on your Smartphone, because the Smartphone version doesn't require gx.dll as it is already present in ROM. The PocketPC version will run, but you won't be able to see, or use, the user interface. Suggest you re-download the Smartphone version from http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk and give that a try ;-)

Anyway I'll try to get a new port out over the weekend...

BTW thx to all, especially unclelimey and badboy4life, for the support :)

Guest Stomski
If you have some appropriate code lying around by all means do mail it to me, and I'll try to patch it in.

Options for loading, then, are:

1) All directories checked, list sorted by directory, as per what we have now, but with a "Searching for ROMs" popup

2) As above, list sorted by ROM filename

3) Browser window allowing (forcing) you to navigate to the correct directory

Well, I'm currently working on a generic CFileDialog replacement for Smartphone (which I need for my Doom Config app). I should have something useable next week. Save you all the effort of plodding through the treeview macros.

I'll be in touch :)

Guest mushra

sorry if i was disrespectfull to max2003, its just that im going on holiday in a week and there is a 9 hour flight and a 4 hour wait in the airport and i really wanted another update

Guest ka_oni_kappa

Apart from the key configurations not working in potrait mode..i find this new version a tad bit slower than the previous version..

i just hope the new version works out ok..

im on holiday tomorrow so i will just have to play in landscape mode (arghh the cramp in my thumb!)

Guest x2c4u
Sounds to me very much like you're running the PocketPC version on your Smartphone, because the Smartphone version doesn't require gx.dll as it is already present in ROM.  The PocketPC version will run, but you won't be able to see, or use, the user interface.  Suggest you re-download the Smartphone version from http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk and give that a try ;-)

oops :) thanks will try now :lol:

Guest maxh2003

Hi all

There's a new version up at the usual place. Includes a few requested features: backlight fix (with thanks to malloc), and a UI to present options. There's a new version of the Key Settings program too; make sure you run it again to configure the "Options" key. Also, the delay when loading ROMs is now marked by... the boring old Windows "Wait" cursor :twisted:

Load/Save is a lot more stable now, but be warned: old saves are not compatible. Moreover, Dave has written a standardised load/save process; once I've ploughed that into the Smartphone version, the save format will change again. So (as it says on my web page), now might *not* be the moment to start that 6-month RPG, unless of course you don't mind being stuck on this version of PicoDrive.

There *is* a slight change to the Cyclone core; the last version was based around 0.069, where this version is based around 0.070, so you might see a few changes in emulation, but the changes are relatively small so don't expect too many broken ROMs to start working.

Enjoy...!

Max