WK05 ROM upgrade.

Guest Jerry Raia

Guest Jerry Raia

I go this today from Verizon as an answer to an inquiry I made:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your Samsung I600 question.

The most current ROM upgrade is WK05. You can upgrade your phone's ROM from most Verizon Wireless retail stores. The process takes about 20-30 minutes.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Timothy

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support

Has anyone looked into this yet? I called a couple of stores, of course none of them knew anything. What a suprise.

Guest williamwoods
I go this today from Verizon as an answer to an inquiry I made:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website.  As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us.  We are happy to assist you with your Samsung I600 question.  

The most current ROM upgrade is WK05. You can upgrade your phone's ROM from most Verizon Wireless retail stores. The process takes about 20-30 minutes.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.  

Sincerely,  

Timothy

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support  

Has anyone looked into this yet? I called a couple of stores, of course none of them knew anything.  What a suprise.

Ok looks like I have WH05....any idea where to get this ?

Guest Jerry Raia

Ok here is more on this, got this today:

We apologize for any confusion. The ROM upgrade is an update for the cellular voice functions. The ROM upgrade is not related to Microsoft's Smartphone 2003 software.

Samsung is still testing the Smartphone 2003 software for compatibility with their i600. We have learned that testing is nearly complete and the operating system software upgrade may be available in the second quarter of 2004. If released, the update should be a free update for all owners of the Samsung i600. We have not heard of any plans to offer a Smart Phone 2004 update.

Please contact Samsung at 888-987-4357 for more information regarding the status of their decision regarding the Smartphone 2003 software update.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of [email protected]. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Chris

Verizon Wireless

Wireless Data Technical Support

Guest rcnacura

Has anyone been able to find a store that actually has this WK05 update? Verizon has said that this update has been available for some time, but no one (from other forum boards) has been able to find it at a store.

Guest Jerry Raia

I went back and forth with Verizon yesterday. The last one I got from them:

We apologize for the confusion. The upgrade WK-05 is not yet available and your handset came with version WI-23.

The first response you received about the upgrade to WK-05 was jumping the gun, it is not yet available.

You can get an upgrade to MSN Messenger and a caller ID patch at: http://www.samsungtelecom.com/support/mit/

Again, we apologize for the confusion.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of [email protected]. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Jack

Verizon Wireless

Wireless Data Technical Support

I'm sure another email to them would have gotten me an entirely different response from the 4 different responses I had already recieved.