BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Guest schriss

Yeah, only Xvid 1.0 option that does not work with Beta Player is Quater-Pixel, I think. It also does not work for most of standalone DVD players.

Guest picard_beta

Global Motion Compensation and Interlaced Encoding doesn't work either.

(I'am not sure what is Adaptive Quantization)

Guest Beardyboy

From a few tests I've done in the past, they're all of limited use compared to B-Frames, which have a huge impact on the end result.

Guest dude

Yay I finally got it installed the other day :) numnuts here didnt realize there was a cab version :s

Anyway, a few queries:

1. When selecting 'open file' all i get now is a blank screen, the dir tree/file veiw is just blank. I can select files but its like undoing a brastrap upsidedown with your teeth in the dark! - can be done after some effert!

I have to use SmartExploer to open them.

2. Any really good settings for PocketDivxEncoder or which is the best settings youve found for whatever yet.

Keep up the good quality work!!!

Guest Taoski

For PocketDivxEncoder, i make sure i click on "Advanced Settings" and then click the smartphone picture.

Then the video and sound are set correctly for me!

The encoding is soooo fast too! Brilliant.

Guest Lifestream
please check the 0.03 version for backlight and home screen timeouts.

thanks

http://beta.topcat.hu

Nice, but I chosed old style toolbars and now I can´t use betaplayer at all... just jump back and forward...

Help pls!

Edit: I deleted the reg values and now I can use it again.

Guest silverback

Can someone please post a link to beta player version 0.03. I have tried the link but can only find version 0.02 on the page.

Guest picard_beta
Nice, but I chosed old style toolbars and now I can´t use betaplayer at all...

good point. i will disable this option on smartphones (this is intended for HPC devices).

uninstall should remove all registry entries. could someone tries this out on smartphone? set some options, uninstall program, install program and check if the options are back to default.

Guest Jasonkruys

I uninstalled the 0.02 version before installing this one, and the backlight keepalive function doesnt appear to be working. I have an Orange E100 with the latest orange 1.61 ROM

Guest picard_beta
hei but this link is for pocketpc edition : i download it and install and if i open it i see a menù on the bottom and down the 2 special key "program" and "contact" of my http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen and don't work anything

you mean you didn't turned on 'old style toolbars' in settings? this is the way the player started in the first place? well this is a problem. i added old style (non aygshell.dll) toolbars for hpc devices. it seems somehow it detected something wrong.

do you have a registry editor? add the following key:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBetaPlayerPLAT31" = DWORD:0

and if the program works send me a dump.txt (in about dialog 'dump settings') thanks

Guest picard_beta
the backlight keepalive function doesnt appear to be working. I have an Orange E100 with the latest orange 1.61 ROM

malloc's fix worked with 0.02? how long before the backlight turns off, is it the same as in windows settings or fix 61 seconds? please send a dump.txt generated by 'dump settings' in about dialog. thanks

Guest Jasonkruys

It appears to be happening after about 60 seconds (backlight timeout set to 10 seconds). I didnt try mallocs fix so I dont know if that worked. I have attached the dump file

dump.txt

Guest sero_13

hi, first time poster, long time lurker.

This player is fantastic however i too have issues with the backlight. I run a MPx200 and i had the same problem with PocketMVP.

Before Malloc's patch the backlight wouldn't stay on for very long. After installing the patch the backlight stays on for the amount of time set in settings->power management. This was the case in Pocket MVP. However, it means that i have to go into settings everytime i want to watch my videos. I could just leave power management settings like that all the time but i leave my phone open regulary and it'll just nuke my battery.

Is there a way of getting past this? I was up til 5 in the morning (im an idiot, i know) trying to find a macro recorder to change the settings->power management backlight settings and then run betaplayer. i could only find PPC controler and its $26 - a bit pricey for just this one macro.

I know its just a little niggle and i can easily just go to settings before i load betaplayer, but it is quite annoying. Basicly im lazy but is there a way to get around this?

And finally, thank you to Malloc and Picard - i cant tell you how grateful i am that i can watch south park episodes that haven't even been shown on tv over here (im in the uk) while im on the train!

Guest picard_beta

ops, i just realized that the audio playback in background option have some undesired effects on smartphones: what happens when you receive an incoming call.

i will search for some sort of incoming call detection...

Guest sero_13

The backlight issue has been sorted in the new test version but when there is an incoming call it still plays audio only very quietly. but this is definately a step in the right direction.

Thank you for sorting this out so quickly!! Picard, you're a legend!!

Guest picard_beta

well i didn't do anything about the incoming call, probably an OS feature :)

(i couldn't find any simple way, it would require to use authorized TAPI or similar)

i will add the new test backlight code to the offical release.