1GB SD Card in E200 - Yes it works!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser
actually the p900 comment is just plain wrong...

both devices can use duo, at up to 256mb, which is actually two 128mb devices, swapped between with a small switch...

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Could you please post a link or a picture of whatever this 256mb duo card is, as I've never heard of this, and I'd be very interested in one :?

Guest kyrkesmith
Could you please post a link or a picture of whatever this 256mb duo card is, as I've never heard of this, and I'd be very interested in one.

I've seen the switch thing on normal memory sticks, e.g. this.

I've also seen an alleged Duo Pro at 256MB here, although, to me, it looks mis-labeled.

SanDisk have more details on the Duo Pro here, but I'm not sure that P900 would take them.

Perhaps the P900 owners had gotten confused by the usual "unlimited storage using Memory Stick Duo" line that the salesperson probably spouted. Of course it's unlimited, but only with an unlimited supply of Memory Sticks.

Guest stevo316

i have a 2gb card in my mpx200... imported.. if someone tells me how to put pics on here, ill get a screen grab!

Guest Pondrew

Errr... no. It's not upto 2gig yet.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I can't help thinking someone's having a laugh or strayed into la la land! :?

Guest Vector

nice! :)

what brand is it?

but you shouldn't have 100% free? as some of it is taken up by formatting or something? :?

Guest kyrkesmith

I can see that 100% could be free, because if formatting took up 0.05MB as on the 1GB one, that would be less than 1% of the total storage, so it should show up as 100% free (although this applies to the first example too, and doesn't seem to have occured). Nevertheless, the bottom number should then me less than the top number by 0.05MB.

Guest unclelimey

its a fake picture, look at all the other stuff like the storage memory and battery life, its exactly the same as the screen grab on the first page

:?

Guest Vector
its a fake picture, look at all the other stuff like the storage memory and battery life, its exactly the same as the screen grab on the first page

:?

d'oh, only just saw the pic on first page :oops: :oops: :oops:

thought it was a bit strange as i searched google for 10 mins and couldn't see any that were out yet :)

Guest Simon Desser

Just look at his "screenshot", everything's identical to mine, power, storage, memory signal :roll:

And by the way, a 2GB card wouldn't have 2000.00Mb of free space on it :twisted:

Why don't you do something useful :?: :roll:

What a prick!.gif

Guest kyrkesmith

100% is surely the percentage that should be shown on the genuine screenshot. (968.20/968.25)*100 = 99.995 (5 s.f.) = 100 (2 s.f.). The percentages are given to 2 significant figures, so it should say 100. :twisted:

Guest Pondrew

For those who are interested there's a flash animation advertising a cutting edge 2gig sd card.

BUT... it's not available yet so don't go getting over excited. I think 1gig is enough for most of us until then! :)