Recovered SAP doesnt accept Smart SIM

Guest Gecko

Guest Gecko

Hi, I lost my smartphone around august last year. A month ago i got a call from smart saying someone attempted to have a SAP repaired and when they checked the serial number, they were able to trace it to me. In short I recovered it.

Unfortunately, the guy had the SAP tampered with. It no longer accepts Smart SIM because, Smart staff said, I have to have it unblocked at the NTC. It did for a while accept Globe SIM. I sent an unblocking instruction to NTC so I can use it with my Smart SIM. The problem is now both Globe and Smart SIM are not accepted.

How can I fix this? thanks

Guest Stryper Aquila

Hmmm...strange :shock:

Natry mo na ba i hard reset? ano ang current ROM version ng phone mo ngayon?

DO you give an authority to NTC to block your phone when it got lost?

Guest kalinte

naka block lang pala sa ntc eh so you can have it on blocked. it's one of those sureal stories of cellphone recoveries. try calling the NTC office about the procedure.

Guest Gecko

Yes I tried hard reset. The phone worked with Globe for a while. Now it no longer does.

Yes I wrote to NTC to block the phone when it was stolen last year. But when I recovered it this year, I wrote to NTC an UNBLOCKING instruction.

What I suspect is that NTC blocked it again.

Guest Stryper Aquila
Yes I tried http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset. The phone worked with Globe for a while. Now it no longer does.

Yes I wrote to NTC to block the phone when it was stolen last year. But when I recovered it this year, I wrote to NTC an UNBLOCKING instruction.

What I suspect is that NTC blocked it again.

Try to complain at NTC and ask their help.

If it was not blocked, hmmm...its time for you to make an appointment with BP for hardware check up :wink: