Orange Launch Trial of 3G Datacard

Guest awarner

Guest wennock

And me....

but kind off wanted it earlier am off on holiday for two weeks soon!!

anything over 200MB used cost £££££ per MB tho

Guest neilg

it's in the terms, if you go over then you get charged but I am sure that if you were providing good feedback or discussed it with them then you could come to an arrangement. I am not sure how UMTS data rates (assuming they are available) will effect my usage. Certainly I would normally use DSL and WLAN at home and only the data card when out and about but if I am making an effort to really try and cane the card then 200Meg doesnt seem like a huge amount.

Guest gadget007

I've got mine - just turned up by courier. Am stuck in Orange's hold system trying to find someone that actually knows whats going on in order to register the USIM and card.

The install CD is only for WinXP/2k, anyone know if you can get it working on an Apple Powerbook? I've got an XP laptop and Apple 10.3 Powerbook.

STILL on hold - they've got no idea.

Guest gadget007

doh, didnt read the email fully.

you need to ring 07968280183 leaving the datacard number, IMEI number and USIM number, plus the sim password contained in the email. leave these details on the answerphone, and they will activate the card Monday.

Guest chucky.egg

Working here too, didn't to start with but received 2 SMS on the datacard saying "Your services have been modified...". Rebooted laptop and HUZZAH! it works

Also got a message from my own datacard SIM saying "3g" (nothing else, just "3g").

Kinda slow though. My laptop isn't exactly state of the art, but I'd forgotten how slow things used to be.

Tried the McAfee speedo site and it reported 18.8 Kbps, but the system tray icon says 115.2 Kbps.

Guest neilg

Still not up and running here :-( Unfortunatly with lots of these clients the systray always says 115kbps because they use AT commands on a com port to talk to the card which is talking at that speed but doesnt reflect the connection speed...

Guest chucky.egg

Cant get any coverage AT ALL at home for some reason. Even GPRS is playing up. May be the bad weather my mobile is struggling too.

115kbps isn't really fast enough for what I want to do. I off to Liverpool on Friday and hoped to be able to get into the work systems as I'm on call. It'll do it, but it wont be a quick turn-around

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I hate you all.

:D

If anyone is really struggling for signal then i'll happily accept your card's for testing purposes?

Guest chucky.egg
I hate you all.

:D

Oh, dont be like that!

It's only 200Mb of free downloads for a month!

Has anyone tried their Trial SIM in their handset yet? O can tell (if they look) what IMEI your connection was made from, but will they look? :D

Guest chucky.egg
Can I just remind everyone of their Terms & Conditions - particularly the confidentiality part.

Regards

Lee

Relax, nobodys giving away State secrets

Most of the detail of the trial is being discussed in the trial bulletin-board

Relax, nobodys giving away State secrets

Most of the detail of the trial is being discussed in the trial bulletin-board

Hey I'm relaxed - its not my problem!

I just saw you posted speeds which is the sensitive information they ask you not to discuss. Still my point was you agree to T's & C's and you are supposed to abide by them. Its not about state secrets its about commercial secrets - equally important to them.

The trial bulletin-board is there for the trailists - it is not public information unlike this board.

Regards

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.