Quinn Hands Free with Radio Mute

Guest Stewie_UK

Guest Stewie_UK

These are now being tested, all the components have been manufactured and are being fitted into test vehicles over the next 2 weeks. This is to check they don't set off airbags, override electronics etc.

For the SPV it's the first hands-free kit to offer radio mute (and not before time too in my opinion!) Check with Ora in around 2 weeks from today for pricing and info (please don't call any sooner - all the information they can provide is here, there's no info on how it fits, if it's a fully installed unit or just cig lighter, or any indication on price ranges).

Ora is at www.ora.co.uk telephone 0800 316 8100, and if anyone finds out anything (in case I forget to check more like haha) please post the results here cheers.

Guest Stewie_UK

It's available today... but I'm dissapointed.

The unit itself appears to be only for E200, not what I was originally told by Ora, and appears to be working on Bluetooth...

...hence the whopper asking price of £150!!!

Now for the sake of £114 less I've just ordered the simple Safe 2 Talk from Freedom mobiles as reccommended on here. That'll keep me going!

Guest original_enigma

From what I've read they are selling it for the e200 but, the cup on the cradle is interchangeable ... looks like you can change it over to different handset compatibilities by simply changing that.

Have seen mention of an XDAII kit too based on the same principle - looks like the kits are interchangeable ... very handy.

Oh and if this is the case then its a physically connected kit and not bluetooth as mentioned ... and £150 for a future proof kit ... I'm getting one.

Oh and the Safe2Talks ... seems ORA have a bluetooth one on sale on their site ... looks like the old Nokia PPH1 ... (except the colour and the technology of course ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lowbug
These are now being tested, all the components have been manufactured and are being fitted into test vehicles over the next 2 weeks.  This is to check they don't set off airbags, override electronics etc.

For the SPV it's the first hands-free kit to offer radio mute (and not before time too in my opinion!)  Check with Ora in around 2 weeks from today for pricing and info (please don't call any sooner - all the information they can provide is here, there's no info on how it fits, if it's a fully installed unit or just cig lighter, or any indication on price ranges).

Ora is at www.ora.co.uk telephone 0800 316 8100, and if anyone finds out anything (in case I forget to check more like haha) please post the results here cheers.

They did a crap job of testing then! You need a hearing aid to use them!!!

:)