E200 4 Button repeating problem?

Guest Brotherdeej

Guest Brotherdeej

My 4 Button "Sticks" when I press it. Is anyone else having the same problem? It could of course just be the beer in the handset gone sticky! Any ideas on cleaning the the keys..

Also I need a new power button mine snapped.

Thanks All in Advance. DeeJ

Guest thulsadoom

I have the same problem.... dunno whether it's the hardware or software, but if it's the hardware, god knows what's doing it, becuase I've had the whole thing apart, and even tried seperating the overlaying membrane on the circuitboard so that it can't keep making the connection, and it ain't making any difference - hence I don't think it's the keys themselves at any rate. I've had this problem for a few months now, and there's no sign of it abating.... Disco, you said someone managed to get orange to admit to it being a software prob in the thread you linked to? I don't suppose there's a patch or something???!! It's seriously getting me POed with the phone!! :)

Guest mikeyboy

I have only just starting getting this problem and it only started after it dropped out of my shirt pocket onto a tile flooring - so I think the two are related!!! Its going back to the service centre as it is a pain when smsing or typing in telephone numbers (after I press the number 4 when typing in someones number it either stops allowing me to press the number 4 again or it goes to my inbox!!!)

Guest Uzay
My 4 Button "Sticks" when I press it. Is anyone else having the same problem? It could of course just be the beer in the handset gone sticky! Any ideas on cleaning the the keys..  

Also I need a new power button mine snapped.

Thanks All in Advance. DeeJ

This happend to me aswell, sometimes it worked great then another 4 days a sticky key, so i called Orange NL, and they replaced the handset.

Guest SFMH3

Also happened to me, its a known design issue apparently, (there are threads realating to this elsewhere on the board)

As well as the hhhhhhhhhhhhhh problem I couldn't dial a double 4 - the first would work then nothing, but if I pressed - say 9 - then deleted I could put a second four in. Stupid but there you go.

I got a replacement via Orange Care with no quibbles.

G

Guest Disco Stu

Expect the joystick to stop working sometime soon as well.

Don't worry though as it will clear itself within 24 hours :roll:

Guest Uzay
Expect the joystick to stop working sometime soon as well.

Don't worry though as it will clear itself within 24 hours  :roll:

i can say with the uk 2.6.3.1 this is the case how ever with our dutchrom 2.6.3.3 this did not happen to me anymore....