Is MSN messenger cheaper then texting?

Guest mrchrisdavies

Guest mrchrisdavies

Just a thought, me and my mates (and the girlfriend!) text, and I'm wondering what the average cost of say a 50 - 100 letter MSN message is compared with a text message on Orange??? Would it be cheaper?

I bought a 2nd hand E100, liked it that much, so got an E200, which is much better with all the tweaks. Not got my 1st bill yet for MSN. My girlfriend needs a new phone so think she'll get one to. (she didn't like the keys on the E100 though)

Guest Vector

Check This thread out for approximate messenger costs...

But don't forget that sending a message with MSN Messenger is only possible if that other person happens to be online at the same time :)

Guest @(ojo)@

http://www.ovum.com/go/content/019351.htm

"We believe that operators are laying a trap for themselves as a consequence of the way they are pricing these wireless IM services: that is, purely by data traffic volume. ...Wireless IM is essentially a form of mobile text messaging, just like SMS. It can also provide additional functionality, such as presence management and multi-party dialogues. And it can do all this for a fraction of the price of sending text via SMS. Increasing numbers of people will start to realise that wireless IM offers a better – and far cheaper - way to engage in texting sessions. Once this starts to happen, it will be very difficult to change the way wireless IM is priced without suppressing the early uptake of the service."