Russian language support by Paragon Technologie GMBH

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

Paragon Technologie GMBH have just released their Russian language support for Windows Mobile Smartphone

LEng for Windows Smartphone is Russian localization system for mobile phones with Windows Smartphone operating system (smartphones). LEng for Windows Smartphone includes Russian keyboard support, Russian regional settings and Russian interface translation.

LEng features:

Russian keyboard input in any application

KOI-8, Windows 1251 and DOS Cyrillic encoding support

Sending and receiving emails in Russian

Browse Russian Internet pages

Use Russian format of date, time, numbers, etc.

Russian localization system for Windows Smartphone is compatible with the following devices:

Motorola MPx200 (Windows Smartphone 2002 OS)

Qtek 8080 (Windows Smartphone 2003 OS)

support for other devices is coming soon

Russian localization for XDA/MDA (Pocket PC Phone Edition) and other Pocket PC models is also available.

Russian Language Support is available to try / buy at Handango

sphone_pic.gif

Guest C4Vette

I downloaded and installed Trial Version on my E200 - no probs but... When I changed language and locale back to English, the keyboard did not re-set correctly and some of the Interface remained in Russian (despite switching phone off etc. etc...) The keyboard problem was particularly evident when trying to type SMS, where only numerals could be selected!!

The only way I could get my phone back to working order was to uninstall LEng and switch it of for a couple of minutes, then it was OK.

Shame really. I guess if you intend to have Russian as the default (and not change) it is probably OK but, if you want to switch between languages (none of the supplied languages/locales seem to give any probs), then stay away from this! (Maybe the bugs have been ironed out in the full version but you'd have to pay $40 to find out!!!!!)

One final thing, some Menu items now appear in a different order and have not reset upon removing LEng!

Marks? 8 out of ten for effort. 2 out of ten for execution!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.