Woooooooolf3D......Spear of Destiny[v1.3b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest Connectodian

With Mio 8390 I still don't get it started. Just a black screen for one or two seconds. What do I have to do to start it with the nogapi option?

Guest Connectodian
Argghhh! My avtar! nearly :)

I'm from Germany and the sesame street guy on my avatar is called "Krümelmonster" here. So it's an completely other avatar.. ;-)

Guest astuermer

Hey, the new Version rocks.

Now without GFX Bugs - Sound is very 'crackly'. On my Qtek 8080 I always hear such crackle-noises.

Bug 2 (?): Saving takes up to one minute... is that right?

Bug 3: When something is loading in the game - e.g. Menu, Level 1 or so - a few Seconds the Screen behind appears. Usually the Today-Screen/Homescreen, but when starting from SmartExplorer I see SmartExplorer for a few Seconds in the background...

When will there be Landscape mode available?

Fine work!

Guest roozbeh
Now without GFX Bugs - Sound is very 'crackly'. On my Qtek 8080 I always hear such crackle-noises.
Well the original sound is also not that good...also beleive me it took me lots of time and effort to make this cracky sound work....just accept it or ignore it....i will try to make it a little better but it is not good on original too...

also remember this is first platform wolf3d with sound...pocketpc version doesnt have sound at all!!!

Bug 2 (?): Saving takes up to one minute... is that right?

not a lot....but it takes sometime...it is my bug...i will manage to fix it....

but not always one minute..it must vary....from seconds upto 2 minute

Bug 3: When something is loading in the game - e.g. Menu, Level 1 or so - a few Seconds the Screen behind appears.  
yes...it is same as your bug2 and becouse of that bug.....

When will there be Landscape mode available?

i made landscape mode......but sorry havent had time to upload it...and not having it now....i am off for 2-3 days....then i will upload it.....

Sorry but i still don't get how to activating the "nogapi option" please explain, plz help, thankyou
try ask in forum how to run application with parametres.....

you can do this with smart explorer...File->Open->Run and fill paramtre with "nogapi" .....

there must be a way to create shortcut too....i dont know myself...as i tested this with my debugger ....so i am sure it works....

Roozbeh.... i have emailed you a bunch of different icons for wolfenstein.  

thank you....i will use them in next version

Guest dnavarro77

Roozbeh, great port, the very first version (no sound) worked great for me. However your newest version (fixed sound and save) crashes now at the first sound ( door opening). The very first time I ran this version I was able to play through a few doors (with sound) but then when I first took a "shot" it crashed. Now, anytime I run the port it crashes on the first door sound even after phone reboot/reset. I have a samsung i600 with memory almost completely free. Also, can you upload version 1? I would love to play with that for now (I was stupid and did not save a backup). Thx again for all the hard work...and besides the crash these are great ports!

D

Guest roozbeh

hmm.....it is strange that couses crash.......

i'll try to see where is problem...but i will add -nosound option for it anyhow....so if anyproblem with sound then you can use it too without sound....

but wait for 2 or 3 days...as i get back to my computer :)

Guest roozbeh

well i actually added this option.....

maybe besouce i did it now and before test it might now contain errors....

please test it again and see if work now or not....

but there is a 'nosound" option......try running program with this paramtre.....

Guest dnavarro77

Well, sound still crashes the phone. I tried to find a way to enable nosound with smartexplorer, but I cannot seem to get it to work. I do a "File", "open", "Run", and then I get a "command" and "parameter" box. I know I put "nosound" in parameter, but what do you put in the "command" area? I tried putting everything I could think of (SmartWolf, SmartWolf3d.exe, run, open)....no luck. It just kicks me back to a "Unable to open the file" error. Thx for any help,

D

Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

Help me please !

It doesnt work on my SPV

i copied all *.wl1 and smartwolf3d.exe files in the Storage CardProgram FilesWolf3d directory.

When I tryna run Wolf3D, i get the wolfenstein main menu but i cannot do anything, keys seems to be locked, i even cannot quitting Wolfenstein :shock:

Guest dnavarro77

Ahh, ok now I can get it working with no sound. Thx for the tip. I thought smart explorer would now that I wanted to run the file I had highlighted....I guess you have to specifiy everything. Well, besides my sound issue, the new save works great! On my phone it only takes like 5 seconds to save....very acceptable. Now if only it wouldn't crash on sound. Anyways, a great port and thanks for the working save. I look forward to other versions!

D

Guest emerica

Well the original sound is also not that good...also beleive me it took me lots of time and effort to make this cracky sound work....just accept it or ignore it....i will try to make it a little better but it is not good on original too...

also remember this is first platform wolf3d with sound...pocketpc version doesnt have sound at all!!!

not a lot....but it takes sometime...it is my bug...i will manage to fix it....

but not always one minute..it must vary....from seconds upto 2 minute

yes...it is same as your bug2 and becouse of that bug.....

i made landscape mode......but sorry havent had time to upload it...and not having it now....i am off for 2-3 days....then i will upload it.....

try ask in forum how to run application with parametres.....

you can do this with http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=55367>Smart Explorer...File->Open->Run and fill paramtre with "nogapi" .....

there must be a way to create shortcut too....i dont know myself...as i tested this with my debugger ....so i am sure it works....

thank you....i will use them in next version

Thank you so much for the concern but unfortunately the nogapi option still doesn't work on my Mio 8390, so please if anyone is able to run the .exe on their Mio 8390, please tell me what u guys did.

Guest emerica

oh ya! it works now!

But what you do instead of just inputting "nogapi" in the parameters line you have to add a dash: "-nogapi" in the line....

Finally!

Guest mc_oliver

Greatly appreciated rooz!

You know, I played this game while I was still in college. I had to cut some classes just so I can finish each level. Now, I may actually not have to do work! :) :lol:

helloo everybody... just got my mio8390 and can somebody plese give me a step by step installation on this game... i'm a newbie and cant understand the gapi thingy...

Guest zoegod

wof3D works well for me. im using HTC canary aka SPV 2002. no problemo. thanx for this treat. hope the FULL version port will be release soon. will be waiting for this one.

Guest xavierjohn22

TTT just réad thröügh thé förüm, yöü'll pick üp söméthing , änd yöu mäy pm thösé whö hävé thé sämé phöné äs yöurs.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest lister7474

Am I being a spade? Where can I get the smartwolf.exe file?! I got the shareware zip from the ftp site but where can i get the smartphone exe from???