Odd... Connecting to GPRS with my SPV(orig)

Guest RickDawson

Guest RickDawson

I have a weird problem.

since the wekend of the final of the world snooker(can't remember dates)my phone has not been able to connect to GPRS(orange uk).

I have done a search on these forums to see if theres any other posts about connecting to GPRS(orange uk) and I have found this old thread...

]http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...0818be4c3

it's mentioned in the thread that turning Aeroplane off and then on again, gets GPRS to work...

I have tried this, and it now works, but if I reboot the mobile again I then have to go doing the aeroplane off/on procedure again to get GPRS access again

I have used the orange website numerous times to send the GPRS settings to my mobile via SMS

I know the settings are correct as the aeroplane off/on always works.

Anyone shed some light to the problem?

list of mods to my spv(orig) (in no particular order)

upgraded to orange uk 1.6 rom

software unlocked

customised homescreen

installed software:-

1 Binaries - Smart Explorer

2 Cyril's IE_speedup tweak

3 RJ RJShortcut

4 Speed Boost Midnight SPV

5 Speedy Menus Midnight SPV

6 Sunnysoft Mail Center (registered)

7 Theme generator theme

8 Tillanosoft PocketNotepad

9 Tillanosoft tGetFile.dll

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nvkid909

i'd also like some info on this. it's dial up, so is it just traffic, like if you turn the signal off/on again it tries another line, or something like that?

i get this problem mostly thursdays - saturdays, though i have asked orange c.s if theres a gprs issue in my area & they can't see any...

i know there used to be big pockets in/around north midlands where WAP would'nt work. is there such a thing as a coverage map, specifically for GPRS where you can view certain areas?