Talkin' about a homescreen revolution...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Midnight and RemyJ are proud to announce the release of MoDaCo 3 with RJHTML technology... the new benchmark in Smartphone Homescreens.

Using the brand new RJHTML plugin developed by RemyJ and exclusively available to MoDaCo Plus members, MoDaCo 3 provides interactive animated HTML content on your homescreen!

Full details and download for MoDaCo members can be found in this thread by Midnight, a quote from which follows!

Enjoy! :)

P

Name  

MoDaCo 3

Author

Midnight (+ RJHtml plugin by RemyJ)

Screenshot(s)

mod3home.jpg

Features

CAB format  

3 Versions, to enable use on Smartphone 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and App locked Windows Mobile 2003

Uses RJHtml plugin to display various HTML pages, these will be added to as time goes on.

Skinned screens include:  

Startup/Shutdown Screens  

Error Screens  

Programs Menu  

Windows Media Player (now works on wm2k3)

Comments

Installation:

1, Install the RJHtml Plugin

2, Then install one of the MoDaCo 3 homescreens below

(if you have installed the mod3lock or the mod3e200lock for application locked smartphones, you will need to manually select the homescreen and ensure that the Colour Scheme and Background image are both set to 'Default')

3, Reboot phone

4, Open PIE (Pocket Internet Explorer) and select the Homescreen link

5, select your settings for the homescreen, and press save

You can go to this settings page whenever you wish to change the settings. The options for the Custom page and different weather regions will be built up over time.

Instructions:

To load the plugin for the first time, select the line that says 'please click to load.' and press action.

The bottom plugin has 3 options, press left or right to cycle through them (default is 'Main')

Guest Pondrew
WOW!  Time to sign up for Plus methinks...

Same here, especially as my E200 last night seemed to do it's first partial reset since I got it. What better time to get a new homescreen!

Guest Taoski

Yeah - i agree.

A nice teaser on the Portal - but i would like to see more of the functionality before i sign up.

Some more screenshots please!

Guest midnight

mod3home.gif

A lot of the homescreen functionality is server based, so extra Custom screen options will be added, i'm also working on another homescreen utilising the RJHtml plugin at the moment that will show more of the potential of this plugin.

Guest idavid
"]Animated GIFs are 2003 only, as they have an updated Pocket IE...

P

NNNOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

knew i should have got a e200....

Guest Crispy
available (only) to MoDaCo Plus members
That suxX

Animated GIFs are 2003 only, as they have an updated Pocket IE...

That suxX even more ...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Guest midnight

hehe, i actually thought about that a while ago, but i just dont have time, what with games, skins, tweaks, and other modaco stuff thats in the works, if i ever find time i will do something like that though :)

Guest scott2eyes

Something that would be useful would be a register of websites that are suitable for linking with the HTML feed...

#Runs off to learn what PHP means...#

Guest midnight

errr, basically, make your own feeds, but you do need to know html or php to do that though

i'm hoping to get another homescreen out this weekend and that will have much more content, and some nice surprises that will show that php tied with this plugin can be a VERY powerfull tool. Eventually i will be releasing the php source to things like the Preferences page for those that dont know how it works etc.

oh, also, this new homescreen will be multipage, something i normally hate, but tied with this plugin it could be real usefull ;P

Guest ormstont

Forgive me if I'm sounding stupid but does the plugin get data like the weather info over the net? If so will this rack up huge GPRS bills?

Guest midnight

well, its only grabbing text, on that homescreen, ALL images are locally stored, so it only pulls like 100 characters each time you refresh the pages, and even less for the one liner (which is what you set the refresh time for)

Guest Vector
Excellent work chaps.

Bout time Midnight started a graphics masterclass eh?

Sweet

I thought that...a year ago(or something like that) i

couldn't do anything at all and didn't even have photoshop, but i got

it and looked at loads of tutorials (search google) and

now i just mix bits of everthing and create my own styles :)

So i like to think i am better now at gfx than i was a year ago :lol:

Guest Speedy
I thought that...a year ago(or something like that) i  

couldn't do anything at all and didn't even have photoshop, but i got  

it and looked at loads of tutorials (http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search google) and  

now i just mix bits of everthing and create my own styles :)

So i like to think i am better now at gfx than i was a year ago :lol:

True,

Just get photoshop and do tutorials, once you get the hang of it its actually quite addictive :-)

Guest Speedy

I just still think its too bad you have to pay for all the good stuff.

I would not mind fidling with this new plugin and creating my homescreen with it, but I guess its "exclusive" to those who are willing to pay up!!

too bad :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.