EXCLUSIVE: Orange SPV C500 / HTC Typhoon

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

We are currently gathering more details about this phone, but below are the details we do know, and a picture of the device....

Orange SPV C500 / HTC Typhoon

108mm x 46mm x 18mm

100g

Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

Launch expected July 2004

c500.jpg

We'll post more news / specs as we get them (read the full thread by clicking 'view comments' for full lowdown and opinions!).

Guest Brody

Interesting! Lets see how much information we can gather!

The E200 was originally called the C200 so i wonder if this is destined to be the E500?

Guest midnight

its a hell of a lot smaller than the original spv though :)

there is rumblings of 64mb ram aswell, will confirm this soon

Guest nickcornaglia

very cool...cant wait for the details.

I heard a rumor that it has a strong IR so it can be used as a TV remote. Can anyone confirm? :)

Guest midnight

well, yes, obviously, the intel ref design will never see the light of day, but was intended to show companies how ms smartphone devices could look/work, and i think htc have taken note, the intel ref design was very thin :)

Guest Simon Desser
Looks like there is WM2003 Second Edition in it! (Look at the Windows-image at Start button!)

I'm not saying it won't have that "Windows Image Start Button" but the screen is obviously a "mock-up" :?:

Guest SystemicAnomaly

i think that's a screenshot of mid's phone photoshopped on isnt it?

(does that mean mid has wm2k3 se?)

I really don't like this design. The keys have gone back to being smaller again, what's that about, E200 keys are just right. And as for the d-pad! oh dear.

HTC should stick wifi/megapixel cam/win 2k3 se/400MHz xscale processor/more rom/9 way joystick/GPS/quad band/cdma/consumer IR port/mobile 3d gpu into its E200 design and improve the battery life.

Guest kevlar

I heard they fixed the bluetooth, now it cuts off mid call on ALL bluetooth headsets, not just the plantronics m3000 :)

Kevlar

( sorry to be negative, but the E200 has left a bad taste in my mouth! )

Guest Taoski

I really hope those are'nt rubber keys ("dead mans keys"? like an old speccy).

From what i can see from the image - there aint much there to excite me at the moment.

Although that may change when the full spec is released.

Guest Simon Desser

If the dimensions are correct, then the image is not in the correct ratio. Here's a picture showing them side by side, with the correct one on the right.

Whilst it's not a massive difference, it does make the phone look a little less "wide" :)

C500 Aspect Ratio.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.