active sync and ROM Update

Guest silent_bob

Guest silent_bob

Hi,

I just updated the ROM on my E200 to the latest version. When the phoine restarted it has reset itself so i have no numbers of sms etc. I figured I could transfer the backups from my PC to the phone, but when activesync starts it asks for a device name, so i typed in the original name of the phone but activesync says that that device already exists and that i need to choose a different name.

So my question is, how do i get activesync to transfer the numbers that were on my phone originally if it will not allow me to use the same device name as before?

Im usin activesync 3.7.1 .

Any help would be appreciated as im a noob to the smartphone.

Cheers

Al

Guest tsnet

On Activesync, in the first menu there is an option (all this on your PC) to delete the existing partnership. Just do that and once you connect it will allow you to use the same name again.

Guest silent_bob

i have tried to remove the partnerships, but every time i sync the phone to the PC it is using another name, i.e. not the one that it used to use before the ROM update. grrrrrr..... Is there any way to stop this happening??

Al

Guest kalinte

change partbership name to another one. once you can sync that's the time you can delete other partnership in your active sync. it was intended for muliple pc users.

Guest silent_bob

Cheers for the help. I managed to get the sync name right but i had deleted all of the partnerships already so there was no data to sync to the phone.

Anyways I've manually typed in all of my numbers again so im up and running again!

Cheers everyone for your help!

Al