EXCLUSIVE: MPx220 slated for July release on Orange UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Word is coming in from our sources with regards to the MPx220... and the preliminary release date (that is of course subject to change, and may slip!) is JULY!

Basic specs are also emerging...

Size: 90 x 48 x 20

Weight: 110g

Standby: 112 hours

Talk Times: 4.5 hours

Will this device finally deliver on promised standby?

Only time will tell, but it is sure to be an awesome phone!

P

MPx220.jpg

Guest Vector

his phone is becoming more an more likely to be my next phone :lol:

One of my contracts ends in July :)

Do we know what res the camera is on this?

Guest someone

Check it:

Features:

GPRS (Class 12)

Wap 2.0

Bluetooth

Integrated Camera

Camera Zoom

Flash / Camera Light

Specs:

Size :: 90 x 48 x 20 mm

Weight :: 110g  

Standby :: 112hrs  

Talk :: 4.5 hrs

I think you all know the Samsung E700. The demensions of that device are: 90 x 45 x 23 mm

SO... The MPx220 is just a little bit longer but 3mm thinner than a Samsung E700. Not as big as I thought it would be :)

I like the new front Motorola has given the MPx220, with the black squaere around the external display 8)

I hope we will hear more about it in July...

Guest zeta101

wow, i didnt think the camera on this would be 1.3MP! looks like i might switch from wanting the mpx100 to this. I also didnt relalise the size of it till 'someone' posted a comparison with the samsumg e700!!

*waits for hi res pics to appear*

Guest BillyR

Orange told me they were testing now for release in July, I was considering an E200 upgrade, but will wait now! Anyone know if it will be available in the black as well? :) BillyR

Guest Vinkel

Im deffently gonna buy one of these.. at first i wanted a mpx100, but gonna get this one instead... i were in one of the orange shop in DK(Århus) today, and they still knew anything about a release date in dk... but they are gonna have it..

Guest funkyphilio

OK, does anyone know exactly what is different between the MPX220 and the MPX100? I was planning on getting the MPX100 but if the two are the same I'll probably get the MPX220 (simply because my wife prefers clamshell. I really don't care either way as long as the specs are the same.) I've been hearing conflicting reports on the camera and other stuff. Please end my pain and let me know what's different between the two.

Guest Exodia

I keep reading everywhere that the screen resolution has been reduced from 176x220 to 165x220. But those sites have also reported the phone dimensions to be sizes other then what paul has just quoted. I hope its still 176x220, i like the size of the screen and have become accustomed to it, anything smaller and i'd feel as though im being cheated. :)

Guest Vector
I keep reading everywhere that the screen resolution has been reduced from 176x220 to 165x220. But those sites have also reported the phone dimensions to be sizes other then what paul has just quoted. I hope its still 176x220, i like the size of the screen and have become accustomed to it, anything smaller and i'd feel as though im being cheated. :lol:

It's in the Microsoft guidlines for Smartphones to have 176*220 resolution :lol:

Or in the new guidelines i think they can have pocket pc res too :)

Guest morpheus2702

As much as I am lusting after this phone, is there any word on:

a) Which OS - WM2003 or WM2003 SE?

:) No Wi-Fi?

c) Definitely using mini-SD cards?

d) How much onboard memory?

e) Processor speed?

f) Java support?

Guest mattscholey

Contract ends in August. If this phone does have a 1.3mp camera, then this will definately be my upgrade. Wi-fi would be nice though.

Why haven't Motorola announced this phone, if it's release on Orange is just over 1 month away?

Matt

Guest AvWijk
As much as I am lusting after this phone, is there any word on:

a) Which OS - WM2003 or WM2003 SE?

:lol: No Wi-Fi?

c) Definitely using mini-SD cards?

d) How much onboard memory?

e) Processor speed?

f) Java support?

a) WM 2003 / Smartphone 2003, not the SE edition

:lol: No, but perhaps an external add-on like the mpx100 has

c) Yes

d) 32mb ram, 32mb rom, same as the mpx200

e) The mpx200 uses a new CPU type, OMAP 1611, I believe it's 204Mhz.

f) Standard! :)

Guest AvWijk

Dear modaco guests,

I am an administrator of NieuweMobiel.NL and I write reviews about phones, mostly MS powered smartphones :) At NieuweMobiel.NL you can compare any phone you like, including the full specifications of the Motorola Mpx220. I haven't the mpx220 in my hands but that wil change :lol: I have the SPV M1000 now but I like phone-shaped models more, altough this thingy is pretty neat with bluetooth, irda, good VGA camera and fullsize SD..

About it's screen, 65k TFT @ 176x220, same as the mpx200. It's a microsoft standard requirement to have Infrared, Memory Card System (in this case miniSD) and ofcourse the standard MS Smartphone resolution of 176*220.

NieuweMobiel.NL is a better comparing site than GSMarena, they are often wrong about phone specifications!

Guest AvWijk
AvWijk: What's your source?

Read my next message :) I a guy who reviews handsets mostly from Microsoft, and I know some things about the mpx220. Like I said I haven't seen in in real-life but I know somebody who doés has seen it in real life, but I can't tell you much about this because I asked him all the way :lol:

Guest AvWijk

About the JAVA support, Windows Mobile 2003 / Smartphone 2003 has standard JAVA support built in, and the mpx220's CPU supports it 8x times speed. My Source? Read it somewhere on this forum they told about the CPU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.