EXCLUSIVE: MPx220 slated for July release on Orange UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fozzie
Are you sure you're not chatting about the MPx (formerly MPx300) that I understand was at the meet?

Sh1te. Must have been the beer. Back in my box :oops:

Guest midnight

phew, thought i'd missed out then hehe (eve thouhg i didnt actually get to see the mpx100 or mpx either, but thats anothre story :))

Guest beersoft

i think the general conensus was to keep me away from anything expensive/knickable/breakable/not containing beer, but i have been reliably informed the mpx100 and mpx where about and iirc nedge broke one of them :)

later

Owen

Guest beersoft

dunno if its remember or taking the best bits of what people said i did and using them as "the story"

im sticking to the "london > drunk (including wandering to the pub, the missing 45 mins(with extra pizza), lots of giggling and drinking coke)> pie > sofa" timeline

i still want the 220 tho (just to meander back on topic)

later

Owen

Guest RGHessel

Here's an obscure question that I'm dying to know the answer to: Does anyone know if the MPx220's Bluetooth functionality will include the "hands free" profile (as well as the usual "headset" profile)?

I'm getting a new car (Acura TL) which has integrated Bluetooth, but it only works with phones with full hands-free Bluetooth, which many Bluetooth phones do not have... :shock:

Guest tiger33

quick question really...

apart from the form factor

what is the major differences between the MPX100 and the MPX220

and what is the release date for the mpx100

thanks

those of you that got to hold the mpx100 what was it like?

Guest kyrkesmith

I think the 220's got .3Mpixels more on the camera.

Other than that, it doesn't seem like there's much difference, although we don't know anything about the processor of the 100 yet.

It might be that the 100 is slightly less powerful than the 220, either in terms of RAM or processor, or both. Pure speculation on my part though.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The latest TI's are supposed to be far more efficient than the previous chips used in the SPV/e100/e200, so theoretically battery life should be pretty good. Can't really tell until someone actually gets chance to play with one under "normal" circumstances though...

Guest drblow

I had one of my regular chats with OCS last night, and have been 'reliably' informed that both the mpx220 & the C500 are to be released by Orange in the UK at the beginning of July. Thats the first time they have actually confirmed anything with me about new phones, so it looks promising!! :)

Guest Pagemakers
I had one of my regular chats with OCS last night, and have been 'reliably' informed that both the mpx220 & the C500 are to be released by Orange in the UK at the beginning of July.  Thats the first time they have actually confirmed anything with me about new phones, so it looks promising!!  :)

And the MPX 100??????

Guest drblow

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas about the software certification situation on the mpx 220? Will it need decertified and if so, would Orange offer the OTA service for that phone model?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.