EXCLUSIVE: MPx220 slated for July release on Orange UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest midnight

yeh, it is big, probably similar size to the 8380? definitely quite a bit bigger than the mpx200. I presume is due to the quad band

Guest Jay3gsm
Of course , silly me. Whatever happened to the T-mobile rumor. Or is that exactly what it was...just a rumor?

T-Mobile? Release a smartphone? Ha, if they ever do they would never be able to support it properly, and as the majority of their base are prepay, or cost conscious low users it wouldn't be a smart move for them to stock it. Look at the time it took them to get the 6600 or the P900. They are not a serious network for data and smartphone users. Apart from Orange, the only network worth considering for such usage is Vodafone.

Guest ozzturkgem

In the previous spec. lists of MPX100 there was a spec. that there will be a Wi-Fi miniSD card for it. Will this be compatible for mpx220 also? If so I will buy mpx220 as soon as it released, If not choose a Wi-Fi capable phone.

Guest squall

T-Mobile? Release a smartphone? Ha, if they ever do they would never be able to support it properly, and as the majority of their base are prepay, or cost conscious low users it wouldn't be a smart move for them to stock it. Look at the time it took them to get the 6600 or the P900. They are not a serious network for data and smartphone users. Apart from Orange, the only network worth considering for such usage is Vodafone.

without even going into the tmobile thing what about o2?

at the moment they practically dominate the pocket pc phone edition market with the xda/xda2.

Guest DAN55

mmm...not sure it can be july if moto themselves havent announced it?!

and, is it really the size of a E700? thought it was bigger -but v cool if it is :D

Guest DAN55

yes, thats what i suspected! i reckon september is more likely than next month!?! especially if moto are going to wait to shift remaining 200s first :D

Guest kyrkesmith

Why not just wait until it's out properly, without bugs etc.

Bit more on topic: interesting to note that 256 MB Mini SD cards are available and in stock (allegedly) here.

Guest fozzie
£25 Then - HERE

Flippin' heck. So you're comparing the Mini SD at £54 incl. VAT to the eBuyer SD at £25 excl. VAT. That'll be a fair comparison then #-o

Guest kyrkesmith

VAT is included, but don't know about delivery.

I reckon, seeing as that supplier as actually chargin more for the normal SD than for the mini-SD, mini-SD might end up cheaper.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.