Swedish Qtek 8080 Update to 1.9.14

Guest Lifestream

Guest mriz

how to take off cleartype in this updated version i mean after updating i got too much blur fonts on mine qtek. How i can get it too back in a sharpen view thanks

Guest evilminky

i never tried the new orange rom but this rom's earpiece is not very loud but good enough for me and better than the slight buzzing i sometimes got.

Guest alexb

The version I tried, have the Phone language in English, French, German and Swedish and Romanian, BUT the T9 languages are the same of other versions. So English, French, German, Italian, Portoguese, Spanish eTc.

I'm from Italy, so I set the Phone language in english, but T9 works fine in italian.

cheers,

Guest luchao18

for those SD cards stop working after a period of time, try using Binarys SP Task Manager to format your SD card.

My Sandisk 128MB(Fat32, Default allocation size, formatted using Sandisk card reader and winxp) once had this annoying problem, now everything works perfectly.

I think it's the allocation unit size that caused the problem. SP Task Manager formats cards using appropriate unit size for Smartphones.

Guest dt_bogor

having problems upgrading from Orange to Qtek, have copied the NK.nbf as mentioned above, but STILL get the Error 117.

any ideas, also after this update to Qtek, is the phone APP UNLOCKED?

cheers

dtbogor

Guest fauno

Just done. 1st move to qtek 1.7. After that copied the qtek 1.9 file (nbk) to qtek 1.7 directory. Stop wcesscomm, phone in bootloader in cradle and start upgrade.

now working.

Rgds

Guest great

I want to upgrate my ROM to the new one but i need some clear answers for the following:

1.) Do i need to perform a full backup ? I don't care about sms and mms data, only applications and contacts (and my nice theme :) ). Do i loose them after the upgrade?

2.) Qtec 8080, rom version 1.7.10.2: Can i simple install the new 1.9.14.1 or i need to do something first?

3.)My only reason to install the ROM is the battery life. Is it better, worst, or about the same ?

Many many thanks!!!

Guest mrloddo

Hi guys,

my Qtek 8080 has ROM ver. 10.7.10.2. I'm Italian.

Do I need only to use the Swedish ROM or I need other tools?

In the new ROM is there the Italian language?

Marco

Guest mriz

Hello

I was wondering about if there is any posibility to downgrade the installed software version on Qtek 8080. I have intalled latest software from swedish update but i noticed screen has become very fuzzy and beside this very poor mic quality.

Anybody with a solution how to get back the orginal version of qtek software

Thanks

Guest hardcore
I have intalled latest software from swedish update but i noticed screen has become very fuzzy and beside this very poor mic quality.

Screen fuzzy = Microsoft Cleartype has been enable. You can disable it by deleting a registry key (see other thread on how to do it).

Poor mic quality? This I am not sure, it should be no worse than the older ROM... although you never know...

To downgrade, its not so easy as the bootloader is different. You risk making your phone unusable with a failed flash. Check out the other thread on this issue, there appears to be a way to do it now.

Guest great
I want to upgrate my ROM to the new one but i need some clear answers for the following:

1.) Do i need to perform a full backup ? I don't care about sms and mms data, only applications and contacts (and my nice theme  :D ). Do i loose them after the upgrade?

2.) Qtec 8080, rom version 1.7.10.2: Can i simple install the new 1.9.14.1 or i need to do something first?

3.)My only reason to install the ROM is the battery life. Is it better, worst, or about the same ?

Many many thanks!!!

Anyone can help on this matters ???

thank you :D 8)

Guest mutleyboy

just to let everyone know that i am using an orange e200, was on the 2.6.1.3 rom.

I changed to the new qtek rom(which also gave me the crappy 1.07 bootloader)and had a few problems with my orange mms settings, couldnt send any mms messages.

So i decided to try and go back to the orange rom.

Now having read of people having loads of problems screwing up their firmware etc trying this i was a bit nervous.

But i used the fix by florin posted in the first page of this thread and went ahead.

It worked no problems and i now have a fully working phone on the latest orange rom and back to 1.06 bootloader.

So for all the people who were wondering whether or not to try the qtek rom in case they couldnt go back to orange, well you can very easily :D

Guest gazela
I have Orange 2.6.1.3 with the low volume problem. Does this rom goes back to a good volume in the earpiece?

Thanks!

No it´s the same about Volume in the earpiece...

Guest johnpetrucci9
having problems upgrading from Orange to Qtek, have copied the NK.nbf as mentioned above, but STILL get the Error 117.  

any ideas, also after this update to Qtek, is the phone APP UNLOCKED?  

cheers  

dtbogor

Important: you should remove eventual sd/mmc cards or protection.

Stop wcescomm.exe in background(on your pc)

I changed the rom from orange 2.6.. to qtek 1.7 :D

Guest sparkisgti
if your phone is E200 (doesn't matter which rom are you using, mine is qtek v1.7.10.4), first you have to use orange rom update(v2.6.X.X), downloadable from orange site, then  

1. Extract both update programs. (the easiest way is to use Winrar)

2. Overwrite the extracted orange "NK.nbf" file with the Qtek one.

3. INSERT a SD Card in the phone's SD slot. "IMPORTANT"

4. Stop wcescomm.exe in background.  

5. Boot into Bootloader, should be v1.05 or 1.06, then plug the phone in the cradle.  

6. Run VoUpgradeUT.exe in the orange extracted files. then it's done (for new E200s with 1.07 bootloader, copy the embedded "fixed VoUpgrade for bt 1.07 by Florin.exe" to orange extracted folder, then run the fixed VoUpgrade for there.

IMPORTANT: the swiss qtek rom v1.9.14 comes with 1.07 bootloader, always use "orange 1.07 bootloader fix" by Florin to reverse to orange rom 2.6.2.X.

Looks like this time qtek got a winner rom here, since some annoying bugs have been fixed.

Now working:

1.Capitization on first word

2.Cleartype is set to default  

3. "+" is available by long press "0", but only in "ABC" or "T9" mode. in "123" mode, we still have to long press "#", then choose "+" in symbols menu.  

4.T9 no longer remembers the last word of each sentence while using MSN. (need more testing)

followed all the above to the letter and still get the error saying the image is incompatible or just stays at 0% :evil:

Guest johnpetrucci9

Also I had the same problem. This is the exact procedure:

if your phone is E200 (doesn't matter which rom are you using, mine is qtek v1.7.10.4), first you have to use orange rom update(v2.6.X.X), downloadable from orange site, then

1. Extract both update programs. (the easiest way is to use Winrar)

2. Overwrite the extracted orange "NK.nbf" file with the Qtek one.

3. REMOVE a SD Card in the phone's SD slot. "IMPORTANT"

4. Stop wcescomm.exe in background.

5. Boot into Bootloader, should be v1.05 or 1.06, then plug the phone in the cradle.

6. Run VoUpgradeUT.exe in the orange extracted files. then it's done (for new E200s with 1.07 bootloader, copy the embedded "fixed VoUpgrade for bt 1.07 by Florin.exe" to orange extracted folder, then run the fixed VoUpgrade for there.

So it works! I I did it last night and it worked! :D

P.S. Sorry for my poor english, I'm Italian!