EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: MPx220 in action!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Another MoDaCo Exclusive... see the Motorola MPx220 in action in our online video...!

Please note this is an 11MB file, so may take a while to download depending on your connection speed!

Visit this topic if you would like to view.

For those with slower connections, a few screenshots are posted below, just to tease you ;-)

Edit: For those asking, the game in the video is Eclipse by Alien Invention, click here for further details.

P

mpx220a.jpg

mpx220b.jpg

Guest Vector

wowza, how fast is that thing :|

Eclipse load like that *clicks fingers*

And runs WM2003 SE, how much memory does it have?, it says 36mb storage free on the video :)

Guest beersoft

It does look very nice and quick

now all i need is the release date and the price and everything will be sorted

later

Owen

Guest Jasonkruys

Having trouble downloading it, am on a 576 connection, so shouldnt take too long. I dont think it is actually downloading, when I look at task manager, 0% of my connection speed is being used :? any ideas?

Guest beta3

that phone rockz :)

megapixel cam + bluetooth + Win03 SE

I guess i have to buy a new phone again (have my mp200 since april) :lol:

p.s.:

On the webpage this flash video wasn't loading for me too, so i looked at the source code, found the direct link to the video and downloaded it normally (and fast with 50kb/s)

do this and you have the video

Guest Vector

Also noticed it has Mini SD, i was hoping it had normal SD because i don't have enough money

for the new phone nevermind a new SD hehe..

It is a shame it has no diagonals too :)

Guest kevlar

The video isn't loading for me for some reason, I know you said there is no progress bar but checking my network connection I am receiving no bytes. Anyone else having trouble?

Kevlar

Guest beta3

Paul can you also please post a picture taken with the built in camera

normal picture in MP resolution and a night picture

Do you know from where i can get 'Voice Signal' you used in this demo for my MPx200?

Guest dshaugney

lovin' the phone! But I have two gripes....no mini USB..booohooo and even worse...mini SD card..poo! Appart from that I can't wait to get my greasy fingers on it.

Guest kevlar

Thanks Paul, it worked in the seperate window. I liked the bit when the guy called for ' Calendar ' and got camera :) .

Kevlar

Guest refnulf

Got the file fast, but couldn't find anything to open it with. LOL

Then I just tried wmp. Anyway, great phone. Real solid IMO. Will it be coming out before the mpx?

Thanks for the video :)

Guest kevlar

Thanks vector. mpx not TOO much bigger then, except for the width theres not that much in it. I'm still leaning towards the mpx, any release dates for these phones?

Kevlar

Guest refnulf

I would really like to know when the mpx220 and the mpx is going to be released. Will I have to buy the mpx220 first, then get the mpx. Or just get the mpx without needing to get the mpx220 first.

Sigh, this is torture. Somebody should have some fixed dates for it.

Guest Taoski

Like the video!

That shows how fast the devices should be!

I would still be waiting now for Eclipse to load! :)

Can't wait.....

Guest Pondrew

Could be that Orange and Motorola are still negotiating over supply dates and volume.

Anyway, very impressed. This may be the first clamshell I try out, it's that impressive, not at all what I anticipated. Still, gonna look forward to the MPX100. Hope it's no more expensive.

Strange that Motorola too are going for a four way pad (five if you count the selector). Guess the Smartphone IS being marketed as more of a business phone after all. Back to its roots (as the original SPV was very much intended as a business device).

Guest djfuego

That is one smart looking phone :) Wow! :shock:

*Drools some more*

I think I might go for this over the next SPV..we'll see

Looks very spanky dunnit

Guest drblow

Wow! :shock: Who is that mysterious modaco lovin' dude?? Anybody know?? To be fair to the phone, I thought he said camera at first too! :)

I thought the mpx220 was meant to have a querty keyboard inside? Or is that the mpx? Really, this looks like a fancy, updated mpx200, don't it?

Guest refnulf

That would be the mpx with the qwerty keyboard inside, which I also want :) If only I knew when these phones were coming out :lol:

We'll, motorola are coming out with some quality phones. And it's great that they're all running on windows. I can't stand symbian.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.