EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: MPx220 in action!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest winterdude

doh !

looks like i decided on a mass storage solution just to quick

is this mini SD thing definitly what is in the mpx 220

Guest Jasonkruys

You can get 256mb, I have added the page to my favourites ready for when I get my greasy mitts on this bad boy :)

Guest stevo_knuckles

Must admit that's one nice looking phone and a major improvement over the mpx200 in terms of style. Can't wait till it comes out so that I can get a good look at it.

p.s. the link to it is going up on other forums thick and fast already seen it on a well known mobile magazines forum site as well.

Guest londonlad

grrrrrr. i only got 56k, the 1mb WMV file at coolsmartphone isnt there !! i need to see this.

cant believe im gonna have to be relying on msmobiles for this now :roll:

Guest kyrkesmith
Does anyone know what network these phones will be on ( mpx & mpx220 )?

I would be surprised if at least one wasn't available on Orange. There were rumblings in other topics about 220 being on the Orange Intranet, implying it was coming soon.

I also heard T-mobile get a mention, but this may be in the US.

Guest nickcornaglia
Got the file fast, but couldn't find anything to open it with. LOL

Then I just tried wmp. Anyway, great phone. Real solid IMO. Will it be coming out before the mpx?

Thanks for the video :)

Download and drag the file into an open IE window, if it's not associated already.

Nice vid. very cool looking phone. Mini SD is sad but not the end of the world. Nor is the 4 way pad. But you would think Moto would have learned from other's mistakes.

Guest Paul [MVP]
did anyone else giggle when [whoever]tried to put the sd card in the mini sd hole! ha ha ha! :)

I think that was probably deliberate ;-)

P

Guest edupin

Sorry I am a little desappointed with speed : my SPVe200 is much faster, at least concerning opening applications by clicking menu items

Guest hotphil

Looks pretty neat. Was a bit disappointed that existing SD card won't fit and that external screen is still a bit naff (in comparison to some non-smartphones out there).

One question though, and forgive me if this is a dumbass one, but what is the "Quad" written on the top of the MPx220? Is that an example network/operator customisable logo or something?

Guest kyrkesmith

Yuh, I believe so. The first rumours of the MPx220, ages ago, were that it was "a quad band 200, with a built in camera and bluetooth". I thought they'd given up on the quad band bit, but it looks like they haven't after all.

Guest nickcornaglia

Is Quad-Band in the UK different than Quad-band in the US???

UK = 900, 1800

US = 800, 1900....but now also 850.

Does 850 fit into the quad at all?

Guest martin
Is Quad-Band in the UK different than Quad-band in the US???

UK = 900, 1800

US = 800, 1900....but now also 850.

Does 850 fit into the quad at all?

Quad band is GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (everywhere) :)

Sometimes Quad band is stated as GSM 800/900/1800/1900 but there is no GSM 800 (It's really GSM 850)

I think there is a TDMA 800/1900 and CDMA 800/1900 in the US though.

Guest nickcornaglia

Quad band is GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (everywhere) :)

Sometimes Quad band is stated as GSM 800/900/1800/1900 but there is no GSM 800 (It's really GSM 850)

I think there is a TDMA 800/1900 and CDMA 800/1900 in the US though.

Makes sense...

...so US GSM is currently only 1900 except for Cingular which also uses 850 in some areas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.