EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: MPx220 in action!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jasonkruys

Does the MPX220 have a serial port like the SPV/E100 have? I only ask because the MPX200 doesnt.

I currently have my E100 hooked up to my roadangel using mapopolis for GPS navigation, but won't be able to do this any longer if the mpx220 doesn't have a serial.

I don't want to have to be forced into buying some kind of Bluetooth GPS, as I already have a solution, and won't be able to afford to after getting the phone :D I have also spent a fair amount of money on maps, so will need to find a solution.

Guest Horizon

Regarding the new pictures at mobile-review.com it doesn't seem that the postet size (90 x 48 x 20) is correct.

The length of the mpx220 is more than that (it's definitly larger than mpx200) and it don't believe it's only 20mm thick (compared with the mpx200). :cry:

pic2.jpg

Guest someone
I have seen the video  8)  The phone is not in my type  :D  plus I have seen the memory status screen on the video, plus all the speculations around here...

I'd like to see Smartphone sporting Xscale CPU running at full speed of 400MHz, at least 32MB of FREE program memory and tha beast: nVidia GoForce3D which does antialiasing, multitexturing, has Pixel Shader, OpenGL ES, Direct 3D... 

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/hhsdk_home.html

I wonder how long will I have to wait, two years? one year? :D

You'd better wait for Sony's PSP (Playstion Portable) to come out, which is expected to be released in the first half of 2005. That device comes close to your expectations of a mobile device. Check google for more info about the PSP, this is not the right place to discus that device I guess :wink:

Guest schriss

But they will make it look ugly and bulky like Nokia ngage... I love the look of my Mio 8390, I want a phone like this but with better flesh :D

Guest midnight

mobile directx is coming with windows mobile 2005, with 240 x 320 res and omap2 that make a VERY powerfull combination, not up to PSP quality of course, but still impressive. omap2 has 3d Accel by powervr, and is basically the chip used in the Sega Saturn.

The MPx220 does however have 2D multimedia acceleration, but i doubt that will affect games much.

Guest schriss

Yes, shame on Mitac, they said they have no time for an update (GAPI fix)...

fortunately it's relatively easy for a programmer to switch to GDI, because all other GAPI functions work.

I have seen two developers that made an GDI version of their application for me, they made it same day I asked for it :D

Guest schriss

heh, probably I won't buy it... but who knows? :D

I like the interior VERY much, the keypad, the screen etc, but I don't like it when it's closed, plus the external display is hidden, can't see a thing through the shiny plastic cover, the holes are way too visible... looks like a StarTrek thing :D

But it's the nice Smartphone, no doubt :lol:

BUT, I was right about free program memory, "only" 8MB free...

Guest Horizon

I have just measured the size of the handest in the picture below and

Photoshop says that the frontal one is 366 x 180 pixels big and from the left side it's 360 x 87 pixles.

I think it's likely that the phone has a broad of 48mm and than it would be 97.6mm long and 23.6mm thick.

pic0.jpg

Guest mataus

Although the MPx220 is a stylish, good looking phone and yes I do want one, I think I will wait till I have one in my hand before purchasing.

You don't want to get one of these and then 2 months down the line see another Smartphone that you prefer.

Guest midnight

yup..... (some dont add up, but thats how they are classed)

640 x 480 = 307200 = 0.31 megapixel (0.3mp)

1280 x 960 = 1228800 = 1.23 megapixel (1 or 1.2mp)

1280 x 1024 = 1310720 = 1.31 megapixel (1.3mp)

1600 x 1200 = 1920000 = 1.92 megapixel (2mp)

2048 x 1536 = 3145728 = 3.15 megapixel (3mp)

2272 x 1704 = 3871488 = 3.87 megapixel (4mp)

2560 x 1920 = 4915200 = 4.91 megapixel (5mp)

edit: by the way, 8mp is 3264 x 2448 = 7990272 (a single image at this size would take aroun 10mb)

hope that clarifies things :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.