spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Guest durk1482

Rooz, i just have to tell you again that i LOVE this game. Its definatly the best best best thing around, since this game came out my MPX beats any portable device!! Microsoft should give you money for creating the Killer App for their OS :D You should be proud of yourself, but dont get too arrogant now, ey? :wink:

BTW Any progress? Make the sound work and i'm sure my heart stops beating!

Guest dshaugney

Amazing port Rooz! Thanks so so much! I love it! I remember the countless hours i spent shooting monsters when i was a kid. Great stuff! You da man.

Any plans to convert Unreal 1 for the MPX yet? :D he he j/k

for level 2 you need to press the use key and the elevator comes down a little and will let you out.

the brightness is not saved, you need to manually alter it to a higher level in the CFG so not to mess with it in game.

Guest durk1482

One more bug. When i'm in level 2 and i enter the room with the pool table, the game crashes. I think it has to be something with the pool table code that crashes...

Guest milmarkg

rooz, another nice game u got hir...

i had tried the shareware version and is working fine

but the full version doesnot... y?

(the full versions duke3d.grp file is around 26MB, just got it lately :-))

Guest procon

Okay... but where can you download it?

Or... isn't still available for download?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I really! really! want to test this out on my phone!

Guest milmarkg

ive had it working now... working great as in the shareware version..

only thing is that u hav 2 press/move the dpad when the loader starts to load the welcome sreen.. to avoid returning to your previous screen (e.g. smart explorer or where u placed the shortcut)

i also have the atomic version of duke3d. (>40MB)

ill try it later..

hint: got it from google search.. (its the keyword that matters to get the right file..)

Guest AngelOfRage

Hey it works on my standard SPV, there's no sound and you have to wait for a few seconds for the fps to become decent but once it does it works fine.

i can even save and load games on it.

Guest dnavarro77

Actually save games are only lost when you power off. This is because the default save location is in the temporary area of memory (the root). If I have to power off, I just cut and paste the save files to another folder so I have them for later. Then Paste them back when I am loading a save game.

D

Guest SMYKUL

I have a problem, the shareware installer crashes on my pc (winxp, 2.66GHz, 515mb dual channel DDR) so i cant get at the files you need, any help ?

Guest machieru
I have a problem, the shareware installer crashes on my pc (winxp, 2.66GHz, 515mb dual channel DDR) so i cant get at the files you need, any help ?

here ya go mate:

spvDuke3d download

it contains everything you need, all you have to do is put the files on your smartphone/sd and make a shortcut to it in your games folder.

Guest durk1482

I dont really have time now to play duke now as i'm overloaded with university work with a close deadline... Later this week, or another user who might be so kind to help...

Guest milmarkg

Hey rooz, got the same situation as with durk, even when entering the vent that leads to the CR (not taking the right way that leads thru the pool table) the game also crashes when i get out of the cr, stil cant get thru the game.

I ended up playing the second episode.

I hope u can figure out what's wrong. Coz this game really rocks.

(also hoping that u cud manage to add music and sfx too. :D )

thanks.

Guest roozbeh

well for now i only manage to remove sound and music compltly!!becouse of performance and size of file!

so dont expect sound and music soon or if implemented i think only for e200 or mitacs or phones with higher memory!

but i CANNOT solve problem without save game.....

if you want it to be solved you should send me where you encounter crash...i really dont have time to play game and test it on all corners!

Guest peeweeee

ROOZBEH, GOT THE SAME SITUATION HERE..

HERES'S MY SAVE GAME ITS FACING THE DOOR READY TO BE OPENED, JUST FOLLOW THE ROUTE. 'TIL U GET INTO THE ROOM WERE THE GAME HANGS UP...

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Guest roozbeh

Thanks for the file.....

i will try to fix it....but the problem is not from my port but remains on main sources....

also new version will come soon with now all keys can be costumized and also 2 landscape modes....

Guest ultimasnake

so in your new version the f1 and f3 keys can be binded too?

something that might be nice is the fact that the levels and all in the duke are soooo stretched that a jump on a simple crate looks like 2 floors high... maybe something to make the normal view (like it is now) just 4:3 with a clear gui

Guest roozbeh

yes everything can be binded...

also i added 2 multi key operations....for example you chose call and end button for these keys and holding them and then pressing 1-9 will generate other keys....so now you have around 30 keys!

i think landscape modes are good.....also you can resize the viewing window too.....

the very main problem and my sorrow now is that i must have choosed a better sources to port...it seems current sources got some bugs.....

i will try to change main sources now to fix those bugs....so dont expect bug fixed version soon(maybe 1-2 month) :D