spvDoom_Legacy[v0.2b]

Guest roozbeh

Guest yarod_g14

Hello Roozbeh!

I have just tried again with Doom2 Wad (full) and it appears to go through without hesitation!

On the menu screent he background is misaligned slightly to the left and seems a bit unstable. As soon as the action starts the screen aligns and the sound support seems to be a bit clearer!!

Even when playing the health and ammo bar exceeeds the screen size only slightly.

I am just about to see if I can get to level 2!!

I have tried to edit controls and that seems ok!!! Upon starting a new game my changes dont seem to have been recorded.

I am impressed with this, it seems more stable and has a certain "je ne sais thingy"

Im not sure but it just feel a bit more like quake!!

I dont know if anyone is familiar with the word "stush".

Well this port has more of a solid feel to it.

Doom 1 still seems to crash out on loading screen though.

I have also been unable to advance to level 2 on Doom2.wad. It crashes on the kills ammo secrets screen (i didnt touch anything)

Hi roozbeh,

how do I go about getting the save game file? :oops:

Didn't spend much time on the previous version because of the speed.

Played about a bit more with v0.2 and Doom2 wad and have found that after finishing 1st level you can warp to the next level by pressing * key :).

Hope this helps and I will gladly send you the save game file if someone tells me how to retrieve it from the phone.

davy.

I tried new version on Mpx 200 with Heretic,it is much faster then previous version.But no in game sound and loading of preveiosly saved game doesnot work :-(It kicks me out of game.

• 4 months later...
Guest terryjb

Given the general feedback on Heretic, I'd presumed it not to be working, and therefore didn't bother.

Just give it a go now, and I was presented with a black screen although pressing up and down played the menu select sound effect.

I pressed down on the joystick to hopefully start a new game and then the game select menu appeared.

The game loaded, albeit slow, but eventually seems to run okay. I noticed pressing the Left and/or Right Softkey seems to cause the game to stop. This is sometimes recoverable by repeating the above stages and starting a new game.

• 5 months later...
Guest jerricho

GOT HERETIC WORKING! on my mpx200!!!

Menu is a mess, cant loop up or down and is very slow..

Hey, but is kickes ass!

Whow! neat! im looking foward on the further development, nice work!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
The game launchs a grey screen. I can hear sound but can't see a thing :shock:

for me the grey loading screen is small and doesnt fit the screen. When its finished loading it just goes back to the file explorer. ss001pe9.png

ok acually iv found out i forgot the legacy.dat file but now after it finishes loading it just stays at a black screen. and the screen is as small as the grey loading screen was.

Edited by mikeeey

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey

so it seems like it only works with the mpx200 and other small screen devices. everyone else with a 320x240 screen it doesnt work.

it displays a small black screen and when u move the joystick u can hear sound but see nothing.

a fix soon would make me very happy :rolleyes: .

Edited by mikeeey

• 5 weeks later...