can't load more than one web page

Guest Eric5273

Guest Eric5273

exactly what the title says.

When I open IE, I can load a web page. Once it is loaded, if I click on a link which will load the 2nd web page, it just says "connecting" indefinately and won't load the other page. The only way to get it to connect to another web page, is to hit "end", exit out of IE, and go back in.

This is getting very annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. It doesn't seem to matter which web page I try. Any ideas?

Guest Eric5273

None of the stores around here have any in stock. The floor model is a fake one.

I wish there was some way to reset the internet explorer part of this without doing a hard reset. I called tech support and they reset my internet connection on their end, but it did not seem to make a difference.

It seems that sometimes I am able to load more than one web page, but eventually after 2 or 3 pages, it stalls. When it stalls, I see the windows logo in the upper right corner moving, which usually indicates something is loading, but I can wait forever and nothing loads. The word "Connecting..." also appears in the upper left corner, but "Loading..." never appears. Eventually after 5 or 6 minutes, I get a "page not found" error, but even after pressing "OK", it still continues to load.

The only way to fix the problem is the press "end" and then click the link again and it will then go through the process of dialing again, and then loading the new page. Then after that page is loaded, the problem presents itself all over again. Having to end my connection and re-dial each time I want to click a link is rediculous.

A hard reset is not an option for me as it took me 2 months to get this phone set up to my satisfaction. If I can't get this resolved in the next few days, I think I will just buy a simpler phone from verizon. The smartphone is great, but so far I have spent far more time configuring it than it is worth to me, and there is no way I will do that all over again.

Guest mark_k

It's been happening to me also but only on the first try to get a page it will fail then I just try again and it goes through. I really think it is the net work and not the phone.

Guest Eric5273

It's happening to me every time I browse the web, and not just once, but every page or two. It just started happening last week. Before that it was fine. As long as this continues, having web access on this phone is useless for me.

I called tech support and they want me to do a hard reset, which will essentially cost me many hours of reconfiguring the phone. I wish I knew when 2003 was coming out since if it is soon, I would just wait until then. :?

Guest Eric5273

Well, after much bitching and complaining to Verizon Customer Care, they offered to give me a full refund for my phone (even though I had it for 2 months) and let me purchase a different phone. So I purchased an LG VX4500. They also said they will allow me an early upgrade if they ever do release Smartphone 2003 or if they come out with a newer Smartphone at some point before my 2 year contract is up.

Smartphone is a great operating system, but still has a few bugs in it and since I don't NEED to have a Smartphone (I don't use it for business but more for personal), I will live without one for now.

Also, I have a few applications that I purchased from Handango, if anyone is interested. I will sell them for less than you can buy them from Handango:

1) Pocket Grandmaster Chess

2) Bubble Game

3) imov Messenger (does AIM, MSN, Yahoo & ICQ)

I used all of these since April and they work very well on the i600. PM me if interested.

Guest mark_k

Eric5273, it is not a phone problem it is a network issue you went thru 4 phones If I remember and they all have the same problem.

I understand your frustration and a lot of mine comes from the fact that Verizon can not service their i600 customers at all.

Guest pschamel

FWIW - I was having the same problem. Called VZW support, who suggested switching data connections from "Express Network" to "Automatic" and it seemed to clear things up immediately. Don't feel completely comfortable about the solution, tho, since I also tried switching back to "Express Network" and it then seemed to work fine, as well.

Guest harriscohen

My wife & I each have an i600. They worked perfectly for the first 4 months or so but since about 2-3 weeks ago we have been experiencing the same "Connecting..." problem after the first web page loads.

IT SEEMS THAT IT IS THE NETWORK, AND NOT THE PHONE. Switching the data connection to automatic from ExpressNet did NOT fix the problem. Verizon has recommend a hard reset but I am skeptical this will fix it.

Harris