New ROM for MPx200 - Version 1.0.52.90

Guest smartphone-web.com

Guest smartphone-web.com

There is a new ROM for the Moto MPx200 available at smartphone-web.com.

PLEASE BE AWARE that this update was released in Germany. It is operated unbranded. Doing the update with non German MPx200 at your own risk.

Guest TANKERx

I don't get this, it seems they're making 1.0.52.90 available for download, but mine is currently at 1.1.22.82..... or maybe the 1.0 indicates it's a beta (as it says in the text). Anyway, I'm not going to bother. If they do a 2003, then maybe I'll take a gulp!

Here's the translation;

One of our contacts with Motorola gave to us today a version of the new MPx200 ROM (1.0.52.90). This ROM flasht Motorola among other things also on devices, which returned customers to the Moto service. The ROM brings apparently some improvements in things to stability. Any longer the spontaneous GPRS Disconnect or net writing off does not come to. In addition MMS and InterNet without problems run. The update is considered however still as beta version the release of Rome thing the carrier is there. We place this ROM for the bent user here to the Download to the order.

Guest eddybeegy

Okay - I was stupid enough to try it & now my phone is German by default - changed back to English & all seems okay so far - will let you know if I spot any major differences :D

Guest quacka

how old is your rom TANKERx?

I just bought my phone 2 month ago and I have 1.0.48.75 so this one seems newer.

I am tempted to try it as I have MMS problems and it says it fixes it.

Guest @ngel
Okay - I was stupid enough to try it & now my phone is German by default - changed back to English & all seems okay so far - will let you know if I spot any major differences  :D

eddybeegy is there greek localization in the new Rom?

Guest abatis

This seems like the latest ROM of 2002 variant dated April 27, 2004. Change to English via Settings. You will need to navigate in German to that point or count the menus on your English phone, They are in the ssame positions. Works fine so far..

Guest TANKERx
how old is your rom TANKERx?

I just bought my phone 2 month ago and I have 1.0.48.75 so this one seems newer.

I am tempted to try it as I have MMS problems and it says it fixes it.

Sorry for the late reply. I had to send my phone off for repairs about two months ago and it came back with this.

Guest coyspiracy

How is this rom working for everyone so far??. im so tempted to flash my phone. i have an att branded phone. should i flash it????

Guest eddybeegy

I couldn't see much between this & the 6-0630-012 version I had before, except that I had to change the language & regional setitngs back to English, and had some problems running software which believed my phone was app locked even after running the Alpha unlocks on it. I've reverted back to 6-0630-012 now because of this.

Guest eddybeegy

It did for me, but I'll be the first to admit that someone else might have been able to get it unlocked again - I didn't spend much time on it after the 3rd hard reset :D The main programs I had problems with were Novosec Smartfilter which wouldn't run, and the Orneta reader & notepad which wouldn't install.

Guest coyspiracy

works fine for me. the only problem is when you restart the phone, the GPRS sign doesn't show unless you enable it. but its not a big deal. MMS and the GPRS actually works better..

Guest kailes

have run it this week with no issues, other than the fat i had to reenter some stuff for mmode. there are more conection settings in tis one, you get the photo viewer, and like the previous poster said, you don't get the G on the screen until the first time you use GPRS stuff. Other than that, have had no issues running other apps, but have to admit don't use many--jeyo personalizer, agile messenger and code wallet

Guest ratcom
So it's confirmed that this will App Lock your phone?

This didnt happen for me but I have (or should that be did) genectic version. GPRS seems to work faster but again this may just be in my mind?! The one thing I have noticed is when I install the jmms fix it appears to work until I soft reset as anyone else noticed this??

Guest metter

its not worth updating.

nothing new. especially if you are in the USA because the options have settings for european carriers.

signal and battery seem to be the same as my old generic rom, if not its less.

Guest vluther
I don't get this, it seems they're making 1.0.52.90 available for download, but mine is currently at 1.1.22.82..... or maybe the 1.0 indicates it's a beta (as it says in the text). Anyway, I'm not going to bother. If they do a 2003, then maybe I'll take a gulp!

Hmm I just bought an mpx200 and the version on my phone is.

where did you get your version of the ROM ? and is it unlocked ? I use Tmobile, phone is for ATT network.

• 3 months later...

I too would like to know where to download the latest 2002 rom update

My phone is currently 1.0.12.63, I don't want to install 2003, just have the latest 2002

TIA

Wilgar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.