iCandy

Guest iharkins

I love this theme and have it installed on my E200, however, I've noticed that it can sometimes be difficult (depending on lighting conditions) to immediately tell which of the top section icons is active. I think it would be much easier to tell if the inactive icons were fainter than they currently are.

This also goes for the background images on the Start, Call History, Dial and Contacts screens.

I am probably alone in thinking this, and I do feel a bit cheeky for picking fault with my favourite theme, however, if these changes were made I think this would be by far the best theme for the E200!

Well, that's my mini rant over so all that leaves me to do is to say thanks for such a great theme!!! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Guest crafty

@iharkins - glad you like the theme :P

I've pretty much finished work on iCandy now but feel free to make your own mods - it's easier than you might think.

To make the images lighter (e.g. for the unselcted icons) i just put a new layer over the top of the same colour and reduced the opacity to around 50%, then flatten the image. Why not have a go at this yourself on some of the images - it's a great way to learn and if you get some nice results, then post them here! Icons are a little trickier but once you get the hang they're ok. As posted before i use a combo of PSP8, icon Sushi and reshack to make all the images/icons/icon resources.

I know what you mean that it can sometimes be a little tricky to tell which icon is selected - i think it's because of the light background. Once you get used to whch options come up for each icon i hardly look at the top icons any more.

I'm just ironing out the bugs of a new homescreen at the mo which, if you like iCandy, could be what you're after. Watch this space...

Guest crafty

@beta3, short of installing an Orange E200 ROM (if thats even legal/possible) i don't think that you can get the Orange uber plugin. I'm hoping that it will be included in all of orange's future Smartphones like the C500 (E500?) so that more people can access homescreens utilising this awsome plugin.

Guest iharkins

Cheers crafty. I might try and edit the icons myself with Icon Developer and PSP 7 if I get enough free time. I might see how the inactive icons look if they're greyscaled too. I'm really looking forward to seeing your new theme. If it's as good as this one then you'll be on to a winner!

Guest Lizard_King

Nice looking homescreen fella, problem is my e200 wont let me install it. I'm getting the error that the program does not have adequate system permissions.

This is the first app i've ever installed thats said this (i've never needed to 'unlock' my phone or anything) so i'm confused (its early :P ) what am i doing or not doing right??

Does anybody have any ideas?

Guest Lizard_King

Cheers buddy, just running through that palava now (for the third time :P )i can here all the "Use the Search!" voices in my head now too :oops:

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De-GeXte

Hey all, this is a very nice Theme ! Thx

I have been customizing it to my needs but then I have some little problem with the shortcuts to games. I dont have all the games so i tried to change some of the shortcuts to games i do have. It works but the icons do not change. I have tried to change the code in the xml file but then there are a few problems:

- the icons will not resize so there are big and small icons even when width is set to 16

- the icons will not fade anymore cuz i dont have a faded-out version of them

This is how i made it now:

<shortcut imagesource="StorageProgram FilesLejjoLejjoSP.exe" icon="1" chicon="1" width="16" action="StorageWindowsStart MenuGamesLejjo.lnk"></shortcut>

It would be better if i dont had to get the icon from the game exe but from a icon exe like the iCandy Icons.exe file.

Is there any way to add icons to the iCandy Icons.exe file ?

Or can you tell me what program i can use to make such a exe file with icons myself ?

thx in advance :P

Guest crafty

Hi De-GeXte, glad you like the theme!

Making and adding your own icons to the iCandy icon resource is pretty easy. Here's how i do it:

1. Copy the game/prog exe from your phone to your PC.

2. 'Explore' the exe with icon Sushi (well that's what i use).

3. Find the icon (16x16) you want and save it as a .png file.

4. Edit this file with PSP/Photoshop etc - Make the background colour of the icon the iCandy off white colour (#E8E7E1), ensure that it's 16x16 pixles and then save it as a png.

5. Add another layer to the image, completely the off-white colour and then change the opacity down to 40-60%, whatever looks good. Save this as a seperate png.

6. Open these two new pngs in icon Sushi and save them as ico files.

7. Copy the iCandy icon resource to your PC and open it with reshack.

8. Ecpand the last tree of Icon Resources and note the last number

9. Go Action>Add New Resource... and select the first new icon, for the resource id use the noted number +1.

10. Repeat for the second icon and save the icon resource

11. Copy the new icon resource across to your phone and edit the xml to reflect the new icon resource numbers.

12. Share your results on modaco!

Hope this helps - that turned out to be more steps than i thought! It really is quite easy, just give it a go. It does rely on having a decent graphics package. If you have any trouble then let me know.

Good luck!

Guest jm-darcy

Hi all,

When I click the button to download iCandy.zip, I download an empty zip folder.

Could someone who has sucessfully downloaded the zip file please send it to me - I am desperate to have it on my new e200!

I can download other files from the website so I do not know what is wrong. Is anyone else having this problem?

My email address is: motherdarcy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks so much in advance.

James

Guest Cybertronic

I'm having a strange problem :?

Where it says No upcoming appointments, it doesn't show the last letter of appointments with is S it only shows half (vertically) of it as part of it has gone through the side of the screen :S

The No upcoming appointments isn't 100% aligned to the left on my phone when compared to No tasks :)

It's also the same for Connect Via BT, where the T off BT is only half vertically shown as half of it has gone through the side of the screen :?

This is the strangest problem I've had so far :cry:

Guest Cybertronic

I've fixed my own problem again! :oops:

Just had to change the width="" line for Connect Via BT in "shortcut icon" and the x="" line in "label valign" :)

Guest crafty

Sorry been away for a while so hadn't seen your comments :P.

@Woon, i'm glad you got your problems sorted. The appointments plugin isn't aligned on the left because the plugin actually displays the time of the next appointment and then the name of the next appointment. When you have no upcoming appointments, it seems to leave a space where the time would go and then say "No upcoming..." I guess you could fix it by moving the time to the right hand side.

@Watusi, it should work on a C500 - Paul reported that the E200 default homescreen worked properly and this uses the same plugin as that :). Please can you post your results here if it works.

Guest crafty

XML is more scary than it is hard :s. Here's a step by step of how to change any links:

1. Note down the name of the links that don't work

2. Sync your phone up with your PC

3. On hte PC, browse to StorageApplication DataHome and then copy the file iCandy.home.xml to somewhere on your PC.

4. Open this file with Notepad.

5. Search for the name of the link that didn't work and correct it's path. You can check the path to a link by looking in StoragewindowsStart Menu and seeing what its called there or what subfolders it's in.

If you have any trouble let me know!

Guest crafty

ahhhh - sorry bigkahuna but no idea why iCandy would have done this nor what to do?!? I would have thought that a Hard Reset could handle anything as it would kick in before anything that iCandy affected even started to load. Have you got Orange Care?

Any other C500 users had any problems???

Guest biggie9385

Hi Crafty.

Can you please make a version for non-Orange e200 phones. :)

By the way, this is a great homescreen. That is why I like it to have in my phone. :cry:

Thanks.

Guest purelydesi

hi everyone i have downloaded the zip file and opened it so i just got a normal file on my comp but when my fone is in the cradle spv e200 it synchronises but it doesnt automatically upload the new data on changing the home screens and everything how is it supposed to be done am i supposed to try and access it or something myself somebody help me im rubbish with fones but if anyone needs to know anything about a mercedes benz im the man lol so someone pls.....

Guest Cybertronic

You have to put the extracted files from the .zip onto the phones storage or memory card, to do this, click on My computer, Mobile Device, My Smartphone, open Storage Card, create a new folder called iCandy, drag everything from the .zip into the folder :)

I assume you don't have Smart Explorer? If you don't download it, if you have problems installing the phone, you might have to unlock the application which here

After you've installed it, open Smart Explorer, go to the iCandy folder, and click on iCandy.CAB, it would then install :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.