iCandy

Guest crafty

@bigie9385 - sorry, no plans to make a non E200/C500 version as the entire functionality of this homescreen relys on the a plugin that is only on those phones :)

@purelydesi - you don't need to copy everything to the phone. Download and unzip the zip from the first post to somewhere on your PC. Sync your phone with your PC and copy the file iCandy.cab to storagewindowsstart menuaccessories. On your phone go into the accessories folder of the start menu, you should see iCandy.cab - click on it and robert's your father's brother. Note your phone will need to be fully unlocked, click >>OTA

Guest bigkahuna

Ok managed to get a hard reset working so have the phone back. Phew.

I'll try and reload iCandy later to see if it happens again.

Anyone else managed to get it working on the c500????

Guest purelydesi

i finally done it thanks alot crafty i had to install that smart explorer and then the icandy the way u said the icandy looks pretty good but u know half of the stuff is like connect to bt wats all tat about im with orange..anyway thats all cool just another quick question i have if i ever wanna bring the fone back to its original state do i just delete the icandy folder and itll al go back or what do i do???

Guest FATHEDZ

Hi

Great theme! I am new to the world of smartphones and have just purchased a c500.

I have downloaded and installed the theme and have been able to change icons and wallpapers.

I have several problems-

1. The games links dont work.

2. Some other links dont work.

3. The skin for my media player hasn't changed.

I would be grateful for any help.

Guest bigkahuna

After having trouble with an install of iCandy on the C500 I got it working HOWEVER it seems to crash if you restart it with the phone attached to your pc via the sync cable.

On my second hard reset now :P but this is still my favourite skin :)

Guest Cybertronic
Hi

Great theme!  I am new to the world of smartphones and have just purchased a c500.  

I have downloaded and installed the theme and have been able to change icons and wallpapers.

I have several problems-  

1. The games links dont work.

2. Some other links dont work.

3. The skin for my media player hasn't changed.

I would be grateful for any help.

You need to install most of the games on the phone if you don't have them.

If you want the links to work, here's a list of the games in the first row from left to right

PicoDrive, Eclipse FW Demo, 6th Gear - Ultimate Challenge, Total Soccer.lnk, and Doom.lnk

On the second row,

Links, Gnuboy, SPVinvaders, SPVman, and Interstellar Flames

This also applies to some of the other links, you will need to install the applications to open the links

:P

I've heard that the Windows Media Player skin doesn't work as it has a different way to customise as its a newer OS which is Windows Smartphone 2003 SE, unlike this skin was originally designed for 2003 (not SE) :)

Guest crafty

A big hello to all you new C500 users out there! (trying my best not to sound jealous :P)

@purelydesi - Glad you got it installed in the end, the BT stuff is refering to bluetooth i.e. they are links for turning bluetooth on and then syncronising with your PC over bluetooth - hope this clears this up :) If you want to get rid of iCandy (but why would you :D) just go to Settings>Remove Programs and select 'Crafty's iCandy theme' and then restart yourt phone.

@bigkahuna - sorry about all the trouble you seem to be having - are any other C500 useres experiencing the same trouble? Do you have the same problems using my Gant theme?

@FATHEDZ - as Cybertronic says you'll need to have the prpgrams/games installed for the links to work properly. I guess i'm guilty of desinging them to access the programs i use the most straight from the homescreen. Habing said that - a lot of the stuff like Smart Explorer, Task Manager, Regedit, Picodrive (A megadrive emulator), Pacman etc are all freeware so are a good pointer for other software for you to get (fow you newbies try searching this site or try www.monolithix.org for a great source of Smartphone freeware).

About the Media player skin - you're right it seems that 2003SE configures WMP differently from 2003 - could someone (who knows what they're doing :D) look in the C500's registry in HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoft and see if/what the WMP key there is called and what keys/values it contains and i could try to knock out a new version.

Guest crafty

Oh - i forgot to say if you don't have the apps linked to in iCandy or if they're called something else on your phone then here's the instructions i gave earlier in this thread for how to edit links:

XML is more scary than it is hard :s. Here's a step by step of how to change any links:

1. Note down the name of the links that don't work

2. Sync your phone up with your PC

3. On hte PC, browse to StorageApplication DataHome and then copy the file iCandy.home.xml to somewhere on your PC.

4. Open this file with Notepad.

5. Search for the name of the link that didn't work and correct it's path. You can check the path to a link by looking in StoragewindowsStart Menu and seeing what its called there or what subfolders it's in.

If you have any trouble let me know!

Guest crafty

Right, think i've got the Media Player skin for C500s sorted (fingers crossed). Could someone with a C500 uninstall iCandy and then install this new CAB, restart the phone and let me know if the media player skin is working now. thanks.

iCandy.CAB

Guest Cybertronic

crafty, is it possible to have different icons when you open Pocket IE (shows Favourites first), when it displays boring folders :), I've tried the icons in you alternate icon source, it doesn't seem to work :?

Is it only for the start menu? :P

Guest FATHEDZ

Crafty

Cheers for the tips. I have downloaded a few games to test the links but still no joy. I have done a bit of tweaking with the xml as you suggested but still no joy. :)

Any ideas?

I have also reinstalled the new icandy cab but the media player is still not like the screen shot. :?:

Help

Fathedz

Guest FATHEDZ

Don't know how to. Sorry. I uninstalled the icandy theme, reinstalled the new cab, changed homescreen like you said and then went beack to icandy.

Nothing changed :)

What's more annoying is that I can't get the links to work. The xml seems to be ok. I don't see what's wrong with it. Obviously I am not an expert but the file paths seem to be sweet.

Fathedz

Guest Cybertronic

You've linked them to the shortcuts in the start menu?

Do all your changed shortcuts have .lnk after them?

Also what does the error message say? :)

Guest FATHEDZ

My phone has crashed so I cant be specific about the error message but it says cant find specified target file or shortcut.

I downloaded the SPV man game to test to see if it would work. The xml file is looking for a .lnk file. I created a shortcut to the game but didn't know how to change this into a .lnk so I renamed it with.lnkat the end. Not sure if this works?

The annoying thing is when I get a new SMS or missed call alert which pops up on the screen. These links don't work but I don't see why. My phone settings should be the same as everyone else.

Fathedz

Guest Cybertronic

When you have created a shortcut for the game just rename it to SPVMan without anything else even without a .lnk.

Then you have to put it in the Games folder, it should then work! :)

Guest anselm

Absolutly bloody fantastic! I've been using the Mac OSX skin ever since I got my first SPV continued with it when I got my E200. Yours is the only skin I've used since then and I can see it staying on my phone for a long time. Thanks for all the hard work on this one.

Mike

Guest FATHEDZ

earlier i said my phone crashed. It freezes on the icandy loading screen. the final little little blue ball never appears in the bar and its been like it all night.

I have tried to do a hard reset holding down the soft keys and then the power button but it's not working. anyone got any bright ideas? :idea:

Fathedz

Guest crafty

hmmm sorry to hear you're having trouble FATHEDZ. Bigkahuna mentioned earlier that the had trouble hard resetting but managed to get it working in the end. As i don't have a C500 and not a much is yet known about how their setup differs to past models, it's hard to offer much advice. Shame about the Media Player skin not working - back to the drawing board on that one then!

Guest FATHEDZ

cheers crafty

Managed to do the hard reset in the end. The post on this site says that you have to hold the soft keys and then press the power button for 1 to 1.5 seconds.

THAT DOESN'T WORK. :oops:

you just need to tap the power buton. There is a big difference. It took me a whole day to get it sorted.

I'm not sure If i should post this tip on the hard reset page or not or if someone will add it for me.

FATHEDZ

Guest bigkahuna

I had iCandy running sucessfully for two days but my C500 froze suddenly so I have had to ditch having it as the theme :)

If i get time I might just try applying some of the files manually rather than running the full install. Is that possibly to do Crafty?? This might help identify what is making the C500 hang.

Cheers

so this homescreen works with e100? on the front page it says only e200... just want to know whether any e100 versions released? i cant b stuffed reading thru all 12 pages :)

Guest purelydesi

hi crafty thanks for the advice and i know ur thinking why would i wanna take it off for but u never know rite???

anyway its a good job u told me that BT is for bluetooth because my bluetooth headset is not being discovered when i go to settings discover and the spv light flashes blue and then green which means it is searching and the bluetooth cross thing is on the display but it still doesnt locate it so maybe its that bt on and off but when i pressed it now that said to synchronise it with my laptop all i wanna do is get my bluetooth headset working i almost mashed up my benz driving to work because my hands free is not working on it either is there something wrong with my new phone or with the icandy thing i put on that it stops you from using handsfree and bluetooth pls help me with any tips u got or anything u recomend me to do and oh yeh the stupid in car charger does not charge it either and the charger is from the actual orange shop and so is the fone just been replaced a week ago brand new....so any help is much appreciated thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.