Bluetooth and the Palm T3.

Guest mowog

Guest mowog

Hi,

Got my nice new SPV E200 yesterday and so far seem pleased with my new toy.

I have 'upgraded' from a SE T610 with a view to try out WM 2003 and possibly move from my Palm OS altogether.

In the mean time I have been trying to get my SPV and Palm T3 talking in much the same way as my Palm and T610 used to.

I have been trying to get my T3 to internet browse over Bluetooth but fail. Does anybody have any ideas, or perhaps know of a SPV driver for the Palm?

Thanks

Guest mowog

Hi

Thanks for your help. I have tried all the phones available on the Palm but no joy. Not to worry, I will trawl the Palm sites and keep looking at a way to achive this.

I am also trying to activesync my SPV with my Desktop next but, as I'd expect, it fails to make a connection. I will trawl this site for further help. I noticed that my settings on the SPV only allow me to connect with Com port 6 and 7. Do I have to set my PC BT settings for these ports?

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Guest mortenharkett722

I guess it's another hardware incompatibility there between the two devices. I used to have Tanager (Smart Amazing Phone) and I cannot use it as IR modem for my Palm. It makes me think that it is a trick of microsoft to keep the people from using Palm. I wonder if it connects with PocketPC

Guest mowog

OK, thanks for the reply.

I really don't want to give up my Palm after so many years living with the OS and my library of good, usable applications. But if the way forward is to use PPC/WM2003 then the maybe it's time to ditch the Palm and move on.

I will keep attempting to get my SPV and T3 to talk though, well until such time that I bin the SPV and maybe get a Treo 600

Guest mowog

Ok.

I have been able to get my SPV to talk to my T3 using the bluetooth. This allows me to connect to the internet and to download email to versamail.

Does anybody know if a phone driver is available for the T3 to allow the sms and dialer to work?