using e200 as a modem

Guest MonkeyJug

Guest MonkeyJug

i've searched everywhere on this site and haven't been able to find the solution.

i have just started my new job (training to be an air-traffic controller) and don't have internet access due to having to live in a b&b. but, is it possible to access the net on my laptop using the standard cradle/lead along with my e200?

im pretty sure it is possible - can anybody point me in the right direction? :D) thanks...

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest MrMagoo

u need this modem driver file (attached) installed on the pc

and then do this

1. take phone out of cradle

2. go to start...accessories... and select Modem Link

3. Select Menu...Activate

4. put phone back in cradle

the pc should then pick it up as a modem...

you would be much better off getting bluetooth for the laptop tho' and using that - much easier.

usbmdm-5.zip

Guest malcolmgirling

I use the E200 as a GPRS modem on my desktop PC with Windows XP OS via the USB cradle. In fact this is the only way I access the Internet.

I got all the necessary settings from ORANGE by ringing 156. They had to put me through to a level 3 customers Service Rep. and even he stated that Orange do not support using the E200 as a modem.

As I entered all the settings directly into the phone and the PC, I do not have any notes on how to do it. I suggest you ring 156 and ask to speak to a level 3 representative. It is quite involved and not something you can 'guess' at!

One thing I can tell you is that you can get Internet access for free if you have the Orange Open Access Pack (but not the Orange World Access Pack). You can do this by changing any settings for the Access Point from 'orangeinternet' to 'orangewap'. There are settings for these on both the PC and the phone.

Using the WAP Access point I got over 540MB of Internet browsing last month for the cost of the Open Access pack (£4/month). You cannot get internet access that cheap on a landline!

• 2 months later...
Guest Johneboy

Has anyone actually got the settings to get this working?

I have tried the instructions above and installed the modem driver but I cannot get a connection at all.

I have been able to get a connection using IR but it stays connected for a few seconds then drops.

Please can someone help me out?