i600 registry/vmail help plz!

Guest chinacat

Guest chinacat

day 3 with my i600 and i need a little help with a two part question:

first some background. using PHMRegedit at location HKCU>Software>Microsoft>VMail, a failed export of xProvidedNumber1 key and consequent unwitting deletion of said key now results in error message "Unable to complete the call as dialed. Verify the number and try again" when attempting VoiceMail function on Start screen (Main Menu, in Full Layout). OK, well just put the key back in manually right? nope. problem is I cannot for the life of me remember what the x was! Note(1) Speed Dial #1 still results in *86(VoiceMail) autodialing. Note(2) Changing Programs>Settings>Call Options>Voice mail number: results in changed Speed Dial #1, but not VoiceMail option from Start. Note(3) Registry shows new key UserProvidedNumber1 with value equal to setting from Note(2), as well as to the original key, however I need to copy it and/or rename it back for this to work..

whew! now as to that question - the easy part: if someone here @ modaco would be kind enough to check their registry and report back the default keyname for that location I would be eternally greatful. (if you do, i will even allow razzing me about backing up the registry before exporting/deleting keys) :D and if that doesn't sound like challenge enough... on to the harder part: this all began because I wished to have auto-pin dialing attached to the vmail autodial. sounds easy right? well if you've tried it you know, so before you flame notice that changing the "Voice mail number:" does not allow or , only numerics. and that changing the corresponding registry key is the same only in reverse.. string characters only. further, the speed dial entries for #0 & #1 are "reserved". anywhoo, a long wait and a short chat with tier 2 support yeilded our most obvious solution to both issues. hard reset to restore the registry then create a contact called vmail with the proper "*86#" and set it on speed dial for an unreserved key. since the tech did not even realize that a registry editor could be used on the unit, I am overjoyed to have found these forums! my earnest thanks for all the posts before me that taught me so much in so little time.

the initial but now secondary question was (for anyone still reading): using any means necessary the challenge is to setup auto-pin dialing with Speed Dial #1 as well as VoiceMail from Start. if it were possible to unreserve the key then I could see doing the add a vmail contact routine, but this would not change the VoiceMail option from Start. perhaps there are some reg-tweakings to solve this? looking for any advanced thoughts, theories, guesses? :D

[and now for a stiff drink] cheers!

Guest chinacat

that did it. you rock!

btw anyone know how that value might be changed to include the pause-pin-pound to get autopindial working?

edit: or better yet, how to change to numeric entry when it wants to be in alpha?

Guest paperbag1

Go to Program>Settings>Call Options>Voice Mail Number and enter: *86ppxxxx Where xxxx is your password. The entir number doesn't come up on the screen when you dial, but it works like a champ.

Phil

Guest chinacat

Phil, I wished that worked for me.. when I goto change the "Voice mail number:" it only allows numbers, and won't switch to characters - which means I cannot simply enter the "pp" to create a pause..

Guest paperbag1

To get out of number mode press and hold the * key. The top right corner of the screen will display which mode you're in...123...abc...t9. Once you're in the correct mode, pressing the * quickly will scroll through the modes of that selection (ie. abc-all small letters, ABC- all caps, & ABC(underlined)- First letter of each word cap). Same thing for t9.

Phil