Orange SPV C500 - 200mhz!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zeta101

Just for a bit more comparison on the nokia 8210 and the c500:

8210: 101.5 x 44.5 x 17.4 mm

c500: 108mm x 46mm x 16mm

The c500 is actually thinner than an 8210

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

After all that then sorry moto, i have to have the c500! It will be interesting to see how battery life compares to the Moto (regardless of whether they are good of bad).

Guest simonbratt99

probably like every pc, every time we get a mhz increase the software gets more complicated, so it never seems any quicker

Guest zeta101

also, the actual type of processor in the e100 is not as good as the c500's so you cant just compare the clock speeds, the c500 will be faster still

Guest Pondrew
The mpx100 is not so much bigger then the C500; little higher, wider and thicker - but the mpx100 will have a lot more featurs. - I think its worth to go with the moto.

Sorry Max, can't agree with you there. I'd got my heart set on the MPX100 as my next Smartphone but Kyrkesmith's pic shows it's a brick alongside the C500. Same for the MPX220 (isn't it a bit off for Motorola's specs to be false - what's with that?!)

I gotta agree with Mono that the Motos are losing the appeal they had for me (not that I ever considered the 220 due to the clamshell factor)

Guest haso0on
Sorry Max, can't agree with you there. I'd got my heart set on the MPX100 as my next Smartphone but Kyrkesmith's pic shows it's a brick alongside the C500. Same for the MPX220 (isn't it a bit off for Motorola's specs to be false - what's with that?!)

108 mm and 114 mm difference of 6mm isnt a BIG DIFFERENCE.. its hardlly anything.

the MPx100 has SO MANY better features than the C500, the 1.2 MP camera WITH flash and Java.

so you'd go for a C500 for a crapy reason as that...man thts childish...

Guest Jay3gsm
OK, I've added a few more. The thing about MPx220 is there don't seem to be any accurate dimensions for it (the ones available say it's only 1 mm taller than MPx200, which the pictures disprove completely). I've guessed that the 90mm refers to the phone up to the hinge, so excluding the aerial bit, which would explain the pictures.

When phones had external aerials the sizes quoted were always not including the aerial. So the fact that the MPx220 is only 1mm longer than the MPx200 looks to be true. And the fact that it has built in megapixel camera, and Bluetooth makes it definitely worth having. And that C500 is definitely starting to appeal.

I've always ignored MS Smartphones, just because of the OS. Which is a bit short sighted of me really. Looking at the spec, they offer exactly what I want in a phone. Now that we are a few generations down the line, and they've had a chance to improve the phones over the very first SPV, I'm sorely tempted. I've always been a big fan of Symbian series 60 (not UIQ) but I'm being given an SPV e200 for my work phone. On top of this, I'm now looking to get the MPx220 and the C500 for my own personal phones. Looking around, there's not much on the market that can compete. Just hope that the phones live up to my expectations.

Guest winterdude

108 mm and 114 mm difference of 6mm isnt a BIG DIFFERENCE.. its hardlly anything.

the MPx100 has SO MANY better features than the C500, the 1.2 MP camera WITH flash and Java.

so you'd go for a C500 for a crapy reason as that...man thts childish...

i did remeber a few foks saying that it would have J2ME support

here is one of the reports

also surely if it is smaller there is less wire in it, so the battery should last longer :wink:

Guest Pagemakers

I hope we can still use our existing Homescreens. I'm not a fan of these fiddly overcomplicated screens. Eg: E200 standard ornage home screen and by the looks of it the C500's

home.gif

Guest drblow

There has been mention of a new homescreen on the C500 - something to do with vertical icons, I think!?? Makes me drool I must admit ... :D

Guest morpheus2702
I gotta agree with Mono that the Motos are losing the appeal they had for me (not that I ever considered the 220 due to the clamshell factor)

All this based on phones that no-one has a definitive reveiw about! What appeal have they had to lose seeing as none of them are even in the market?!?

Seriously, speculation is fine but this is get fcuking stupid... :roll:

Guest midnight

totally shameless plug....

drblow, the vertical icons thing is like the first O plugin, but vertical instead of horizontal, kind of like my msn homescreen actually (cos with that you can moved up/down to select the plugin and left/right to choose options within the rjhtml plugin) :D

ps. that preview has a a couple flaws....

46mm wide by 108mm deep by 18mm high

(err, dont they mean 108mm high and 18mm deep)

This updated operating system adds a number of capabilities to those found in the first edition, including support for varying screen sizes and orientations, and the ability to customise the home screen.

(you've always been able to customise the homescreen)

i'm nit-picking, i know :D

Guest drblow

OMG! I LOVE new homescreens!! I've been thinking about vertical icons & how to do it with the e200 plugin, but this looks great! :D I think the same homescreen is going to be available on the Orange mpx220 too though ... but the dilemma is becoming ever more complicated the more we hear about this C500. Could HTC have actually produced a reliable device this time?

Guest Pondrew

All this based on phones that no-one has a definitive reveiw about! What appeal have they had to lose seeing as none of them are even in the market?!?

Seriously, speculation is fine but this is get fcuking stupid... :roll:

Well, I'm basing my assessment on Paul's assertion that the C500 is being reliably reported as having real battery life of 3days with use, the fact that it's got the TI 730 clocked at 200mhz, and the small form factor.

I'm contrasting this with the admittedly less reliable reports of the MPX220/MPX100 using an XScale processor (which even at 200mhz won't match the performance of the C500s processor), larger size (lets face it, compared to the C500 most Smartphones are bricks!), and the suggestions that the MPX100/220 have low internal memory.

And it's a fact that where I was once salivating over the MPX100 I'm now once again looking to return to the SPV stables.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Pondrew I agree.

Mid: Depends which way you look at it! ;p

ps. that preview has a a couple flaws....

46mm wide by 108mm deep by 18mm high  

(err, dont they mean 108mm high and 18mm deep)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.