i600 hard reset

Guest bill-e

Guest squirrelist

If the phone won't even start to boot up, I don't know if a hard reset is going to help you. Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Guest bill-e
If the phone won't even start to boot up, I don't know if a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset is going to help you.  Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

It will start, and actually it is working fine after removing the battery for 30 seconds. It was getting hung up on the second SP2002 screen....

So my question still stands, Is there a hard reset to bring the phone back to factory state like on other phones and PPC's?

Guest xmradiojunkie

Turn device off. Then press and hold the 6 button and the # button, press end to power up, continue to hold 6 and # until you are prompted to press the left softkey to erase everything. You only have about 2 seconds to press the left softkey or it will boot normally. Be patient while it is doing its thing, don't touch it untill its done. From what I hear you can really mess things up if you interupt this process.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nukl3ar

Does doing a hard reset on the i600 bring the phone back to the original condition as shipped by Verizon or to the original factory condition? In other words, will I lose my connection to Verizon after performing one?

I'm assuming that the original factory condition doesnt include the Verizon proprietary stuff.