C500, MPX100, MPX220, MPX Compared

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

I'm finding it hard to keep up :shock:

Anybody got (or care to do) a simple feature by feature comparison of the 4 most talked about upcoming smartphones - Specs, OS, Size, Cameras, Flash, Features etc

Guest squall

Ive done this already but didn't want to put it out to the public yet, Its going to be part of my new site.

Just for you here is an unfinished version. Lots of details still to be filled in, as i said work in progress it takes a long time to pull all that together, exp when im doing a site at the same time.

See Here

http://www.wmdevices.com/smartcom.htm

To site admins etc etc. Please do not link to wmdevices directly until it is online. If you need to link, link to this post and i will contact all smartphone sites when my site is ready to go online.

If you see a problem with anything on that link please reply to this thread. If you can fill in the ? please reply here.

Please dont take info of that site without quoting wmdevices as the source

Guest Pagemakers

Looks good from what I can see on my phone in bed!

I will take a proper look tomorrow.

Any chance you can include "Flash" in your comparison stats.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

squall, it wouldnt do though, the mpx220, mpx100 and mpx all have flash on the camera :D

(guessing you thought pagemakers meant macromedia flash eh?)

Guest squall

heh indeed. i was tierd when i wrote that, it twigged after i went to bed. I couldnt figure out why monolithix was showing me pictures of flash's on phones to :!:

Guest stevem999

Nice work Squall, however it doesn't seem to include the MPX, just the 100, 220 etc - are we not including the MPX as it uses Pocket PC or something :wink:

Guest Brody

Probably seeing as all other entries are Smartphones...

If you include the MPx then you have to begin including the XDA2/M1000 etc too.

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

are the release dates for these phones c500 and motos still July 2004 ???

how come the motos did not give the processor speeds?

anyway, I would like to get a custom cover/shell for the c500, right now it looks like out of the chewing gum machine. to plasticy. - - anybody know who does that kind of work?

Thanks, Max

Guest Brody
Anyone know what the resolution on the C500 camera is going to be? Best not be the normal 0.3 on the E200.

It is the E200 camera...

Guest Flapper

OK, so enough of the umms and arhhhs. Ive waiting for a new spv to come out for a while, hence why i havent upgraded from my old standard spv! Is the C500 the one to buy? Or should it be one of the mpx's? Anyone got a considered answer? Cant make up my mind..........

Guest squall

The battery specs are the manufacturers. (yeah like they will be right, but its hard to do it any other way)

Mpx xda2 etc etc will be on there own chart, not yet started.

Only specs we know about are shown hence no mpx100/mpx220 processor speeds.

And the c500 does have the same camera as the e200 :D

Guest refnulf

Why? Both form factor and performance are looking like being the C500s strong points...

I don't know, I just can't stand the looks of the c500. IT does sound good, but that means nothing. It's after some seriously usage from users that we can decide on that. Hope the bugs aren't as bad as the e200

Guest Pondrew

I personally hope it doesn't HAVE any notable bugs (obviously most mobile devices have some bugs but not major ones like the SD card disappearing on E200).

Guest Pagemakers

Remember though, If MS have not ironed all of the bugs out of 2003SE, then there is not a fat lot Orange can do and sadly those bugs will still be evident.

Guest stevem999
Probably seeing as all other entries are Smartphones...  

If you include the MPx then you have to begin including the XDA2/M1000 etc too.

So why should Pocket PC phones (and it is a phone, not a PDA) be excluded from the smartphone stable? I believe that Pocket PC wipes the floor with Smartphone Windows.