DX PPC editing

Guest npw

gooday,

i have a request for someone to fix the xml for a homescreen which i found on www.airfagev.com, the exact page being

http://www.airfagev.com/skins.asp?cat=Home...&author=&NAV=15

Its the DX PPC. I installed it but as with the Mac OS X skin (another Pinoy skin), it has problems with some of the screens i.e. it skips them when you scroll down. The fix for the Mac skin worked a treat (the skin i use now): i was hoping someone could fix this skin as i think it one of the only ones which look genuinely windows-like and maintains functionality.

N.B> if anyone fancies making a really good Windows skin (longhorns not for me, blue overload!),like this one but with extra screens, i'm sure plenty of people would be grateful :-)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Are you using Orange ROM? It must be due to different plugin CLSID of Orange. I think DX PPC skin was originally made for SmartROM 1.3.7.8.

Try this (This is the Mac OSX fix: Camera, Internet Explorer, Media Player, MSN Messenger, and Settings):

=========================

Camera

Camera

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer

Media Player

Media Player

MSN Messenger

MSN Messenger

Preferences

Preferences

=========================

Compare the DX PPC CLSID with the ones in bold letters-numbers. Change them then try it on your phone. :D

hi, cheers for replying so soon. i did the changes to the clsid's and it kinda works, it displays the images its supposed to and the links work, but the images do not appear in the right place, rather from the top of the screen, so when u scroll to photo album or below, the whole thing looks radio rental (mental :-) i think its because the jpg's for the problem screens are supposed to appear midway down the screen but the xml has funny heights and spacers for the screens. wot to do, wot to do?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

:D Cheers.

You have to adjust the height, the x and y position etc because the DX PPC skin made use of vertical drop down menus as opposed to the horizontal dock of Mac OS X. :wink:

no sooner had i written that reply than i scanned the xml and found the spacers to all be out by 1. voila the thing actually works properly, except for an annoying half question mark in the top left corner, but a similar thing happened for the mac skin.and there appears to be two screens for the settings menu, but i'll delete one later. cheers for ur help

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I also can't get rid of the 'mark' but its ok with me as it does not affect the homescreen and XML codes...

qmark.jpg

So problems solved? Great! :D :D/

Aye, problems solved. Hazaar (in the style of pirates of the caribbean).I reckon i'll try and produce a more swish looking windows mobile lookin one using the same code sometime. cheers