DOWNLOAD: WINDOWS MOBILE SKIN - updated again

Guest npw

WINMOBILE - updated again

Its a windows mobile-esque skin (multi-page)

I posted a note about DXPPC skin that Randy Nirvales did but which didnt work with Orange ROM. So after sorting out with the kind help of pzee, the xml worked so I decided to make my own graphics for it( I dont do code :D . So credit for the code must go to Randy (only made a few alterations) - the graphics put together by me (on Microsoft Paint no less)

Simply unzip and place the winm folder and the xml file into the Application DataHome directory, before selecting it through settings

install the NEW EXTRA SCREEN CAB for, well, extra screens :D , you know the score. I took the icons from the icandy download cos i thought they were great but i only have a classic spv (eargerly waiting on the C500). So cheers to to creator of that.

It will probably be updated again. I always seem to forget something :lol:

There's an xbar skin as well which goes kinda nicely (made for xbar1)

UPDATED WINMOBILE ZIP 22/06/04

1)smaller file sizes, free up some of your memory and runs much quicker

2) updated homescreen xml. slightly different colours to complement extra screens

3) Extra screen CAB

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

winmobile.zip

You reckon? Cheers. I don't have time to learn coding to the level I would wish so have to make do with altering other peoples for my own graphics (Though this is my first attempt). Oh well. I was going to do some extra screen for it using Smartweak to make a cab file. Is there any way (method or different program) to use jpg instead of gif's, cos changing the file type bumps it down to 256 colors and it loses a great deal of definition

N.B. can this be moved to homescreen - Download. maybe more people will get it :D

Guest gsr264

just letting you guys know that on my mpx200 the screen skips over the photo album, media player, internet explorer, and messenger when i scroll down the icon menu. anyone know a fix? like the one for the mac x homescreen?

Guest crafty

You're welcome to use the images from my iCandy theme for your extra screens - after all i got them from someone else (but i did ask their permission first :D).

Note to anyone trying to uninstall the extra's cab, it's called 'smartweak' - took me ages to find it on the remove programs list!

Guest gsr264

UPDATE: I've been hacking at this, trying to get all the icons working on my mpx200... just used RJ shortcut plugin to make it compatible, just like they did with the mac osx skin. Enjoy! (i dont have a photo viewer, so i have the photo album icon going to the tasks. let me know if anyone needs it changed.

Thanks to carvas and ratcom for the fix.

Thanks to npw for making a good skin great!

yahoo i did something!!! :D

winmobilempx.zip

Yeah, I trouble with the code as well. The original xml I adapted was similar to the MAC OS X skin as in it was designed for the SMART ROM not Orange ROM as most of us brits and whoever else use. So only got it working on an original SPV. cheers for allow moto users to be to bask in the warm glow of my skin :D

As the icons I borrowed, the skin isnt being commercially released or past off as my own work, so I couldnt be bothered seeking permission :D

if you've got it going to tasks instead, I could upload some replacement piccies sometime with photo album replaced with tasks or another program people use a lot?

Guest gsr264

yeah if you don't mind, put the tasks icon instead of the photo album. actually, could you just post a template and tell me which font you used? i could tinker from there...

Thanks!

Guest dark_spice

a great skin indeed. but since you only did provide the graphics... medyo low quality ang resolution at may konting nakikitang blurred sa mga ito...

anyone can smoothen it out para mas astig? Thanks

Guest dinoalbert
a great skin indeed. but since you only did provide the graphics... medyo low quality ang resolution at may konting nakikitang blurred sa mga ito...  

anyone can smoothen it out para mas astig? Thanks

hmmm I didnt know npw is also Pinoy :D Anyway since this is the Customization forum, try to speak english so that you get a fast and better response :wink:

Yeah, I am english :D just slightly modified a Pinoy skin, is my english that bad :lol:

The latest update essentially made the files smaller and changed some of the colours in the programs menu and soft key menu's.

The pictures did lose some resolution. I'd love to supply you with the templates to edit, but that might be quite difficult. Being a poor but smartphone enthusiastic student (though I've just graduated and start work on Mon :D ), I dont have access to paint shop pro or anything. all my editing was done with masterful manipulation of Microdaft Paint (I know, a typo :D ) so i've just got a series of jpg (or bmp)

If their not smooth enough for you, try my second attempt which i'll uplad in a bit (the real xp). Same multi screen layout, new background and pop up graphics

I should really learn to code and do my own. But never mind

I'll try and get the tasks screen done soon. I'm moving house so I'm a bit busy of late.

Anyone: I dont do code, will the xml that was posted using RJ shortcut fix work on all the smartphones then. 'cos that would be grand if the rogue icon could disappear

yeah. it puts an icon in the top left icon for screens from album to messenger. something to do with the 1.6 rom. i don't know how to fix it.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

its actually a question mark, or half of one to be precise. but it appears in the same place and for the same screens as the mac one yes

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gsr264

on my mpx it's just showing the icon for the highlighted program in the corner, no question mark... it is annoying but it is applicable at least.

your using the posted xml for the mpx which uses rj shortcut then are't you. I had a go with that and got the same thing. Not sure how to fix that, unless the shortcut icon and name could be displayed in the position of choice on the screen. I dont use this skin anymore, I prefer my real XP graphics now.

Guest dark_spice

sorry for typing my post in "Pinoy" language. i guess i just got used to being in the Pinoy forums. hehe my bad

anyway, great effort npw.