Windows Mobile 2003 on Mpx200??is it so hard?

Guest iliasp

Guest smeg36

No. Your phone would die. The ROMs are handset specific, and flashing with a different phone's ROM would render yours useless. The 2003 upgrade for the MPx200 is out there somewhere, it just isn't easy to find. At least one person on ebay has the upgrade software, and is willing to upgrade a phone for $50.

Guest scott2eyes

When I got my Moto, I wanted to upgrade because the splash screen irritated me every time- it's hard to show off your new phone in 2004 when it proudly proclaims 2002 when you boot it up...

Then I changed my splash screen and suddenly wasn't so bothered about the upgrade...

I still want WM2003 because I want to learn to write programs for my phone, and gather than .NET is easier to learn than C++. I'm curious why everyone else is so desperate for the upgrade?

Guest Sasuke

im more then happy running 2002 on my MPx200 at the moment. after all, it has all the functions i will be needing anyway.

2003 will be more appropriate with the newer handsets which support bluetooth and have higher specs to run the o/s more smoothly.

Motorola and Orange both know this, so its not suprising why they have decided to hold back on a 2003 update for the MPx200.