RJHTML Features???

Guest devinh

Guest devinh

I am thinking about becoming a Plus member, not only to support Modaco, but to get the RJHTML plugin.

Can someone please tell me the features and benefits of the RJHTML plugin.

What will it allow you to do that you can not do allready.

Is it only to display html on the homescreen, and does that include local html content?

If so, can the individual html page contain calls for plugins?

Can it call apps from html?

Can the entire homescreen be built with html and called with a simple one plugin xml?

TIA!

Devin

Guest devinh
haven't you seen Midnights MSN theme? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yes, I saw a screenshot that doesn't tell me anything or answer any of my questions.

Were you trying to help by that post?

Guest devinh
Easy tiger.

You can download a special non-plus version in the homscreen download section.

Yes, I have. But if anyone would like to help or answer these questions, please do. The non-plus version in the download section does not tell me what I am asking.

Thanks

Guest RemyJ

Yes, I have. But if anyone would like to help or answer these questions, please do. The non-plus version in the download section does not tell me what I am asking.

Thanks

Basically, it's like having an Internet Explorer window embedded in a homescreen with some restrictions imposed by the homescreen environment.

You can display any HTML whether from a remote server or a local file.

You can set up a rjshortcut-like link bar to load different pages.

Links can be configured to auto-refresh at a regular interval.

You cannot navigate or scroll inside the window nor can you follow links embedded in the content.

You can set the window to a fixed size or set it to automatically match the estimated size of the content.

You cannot call homescreen plugins from the HTML or do anything else from the HTML that you cannot do from Internet Explorer.

Conversely, if you CAN do it from Internet Explorer you should be able to do it from the HTML control (subject to the previously mentioned restrictions).

Guest drblow

Yes, I saw a screenshot that doesn't tell me anything or answer any of my questions.

Were you trying to help by that post?

:D Just trying to get you to have a look for yourself m8!! The few simple questions you asked could easily be answered by reading the theme post or installing the theme itself.

Guest devinh

:D Just trying to get you to have a look for yourself m8!! The few simple questions you asked could easily be answered by reading the theme post or installing the theme itself.

Thank you RJ!

And no, drblow. I could not get my answers from that. My questions were about the full plugin, not the encrypted and specialized plugin that was available for free through that post. But thanks for trying to help. I was not asking about that "theme itself" which in that "theme post" reads that it is limited. Sorry, maybe you didn't read my initial post.

Guest nedge2k

I think the point that was tryng to be made was that atm Midnight's theme is the best showcase for the rjhtml plugin as it shows exactly what can be done...hence why you were pointed in that direction.

Guest drblow

:D Indeed Nedge fella! Anyway - I totally fail to see how installing the free version wouldn't have answered those questions. Oh well ...

Guest devinh
I think the point that was tryng to be made was that atm Midnight's theme is the best showcase for the rjhtml plugin as it shows exactly what can be done...hence why you were pointed in that direction.

It shows what he did with it.

Guest skyline_gtr

well i think he's trying to ask if he can modify the rjhtml plugin to show whatever he needed on the main screen providing that he creates a compatiable html file....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wxdcs

where is special non-plus version?i didn't find url for it.anyone help me?where is special non-plus version?i didn't find url for it.anyone help me?