Can't download email with e200

Guest roy1000

Guest roy1000

When i want to download emails it chose for example 1 of 1 reveived. But the it stops until a time out error or it says "there a problems downloading the emails check the account data".

But when i don't have emails it works fine. He goes through the complete schedule of (sending and receiving) and when there are no emails it closes the gprs connection. So i think there is nothing wrong with my account data.

I

My account dwonloads the first 1000kb and alle the messages

Who knows a solution?

Best regards

Roy

Guest martin

Just guessing here :D

Have a look in Settings-Data connectons, Menu-Options and check the idle disconnect timer. If it's set to none change it to 5 or 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if this should affect the email though :?

The other possibility is lack of memory in the phone.

How many E-mails/texts do you presently have stored ?

Guest roy1000

I tried it nut it makes no difference. I have enough memory left. (no emails, only 1 program on the phone). I do only see 1 of 1 received and the connection is still there. Why is there this problem when downloading emails. When tehre aren no mails the sending and receiving works fine...

• 1 month later...

I can't log on at all for yahoo e-mail via OTA autosync. I am trying to set my xphone up to automatically download yahoo mail OTA via my Inbox. Being a rank novice, it's probably a simple mistake, but I am reasonably sure all the Account Setup details are right. I have a GPRS account set up and can surf to my hearts content.

When I hit send/recieve, the leader bar says "connecting", then changes to "logging on", then "e-mail log on", but then the phone brings up a screen requiring my password again. This can go on in a circle until I hit the "cancel" softkey. I then get the error message "An error occurred while downloading messages. Verify that you have network coverage and that your account info is correct, then try again.".

I have coverage and I think all the account info is correct. I tried changing the idle time (as in the post above, but that didn't help), and have it set to receive only the first 500 bytes.

Can anyone help? :? I would really appreciate it! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have exactly the same problem with my new SPV C500!

did you have any luck finding the answer?

Help!

Nope, not yet...............please let me know if you figure it out!

Enjoy the c500!

Cheers!