MPX200 some questions

Guest Immortal

Guest Immortal

Hi all,

I had a problem with my MPX200 today and somehow managed to do a hard reset ( held down volume key and blue key for 5 or more seconds).

When it rebooted i found out that the software it had wasnt there anymore, like MMS etc..

Can anyone tell me where i can get the software from?

Thnx,

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately the software is copyright protected so if you do not have the CD then you really need to contact Orange and ask for a replacement.

Guest Immortal

I asked orange, they said phone Motorola.

I asked motorola they said phone Dextra,

I asked them they said it will cost em £20 for the CD... bloody rip-off!

Im gonna try the local ornage shop to see what i can do there... unless someone is kind enough to send me the software...

Guest hotphil

Asking for people to send you the copyrighted software through this forum might attract a few stern words from the mods - you may want to edit your post!

I'd agree that the Orange Shop may be a good place to go. If not, I think perhaps hammering at Motorola as the CD that I have appeared to have "come" from Motorola rather than Orange (it had lots of Motorola logos and no Orange logos on it!).

Alternatively, I could be wrong, but I think some of the stuff it available to download from the Motorola site.....

Guest Immortal

well, it looks like my local orange shop has come to the rescue, they said they will give me a CD for free.. god i hate some of these people.. you buy their products and they wont even re-imburse you a 25p CD... thats bad customer service...

Guest mischievous

Please.............you lost the CD. Don't blame others for your mistake. Companies need to make sure they're not being ripped off.

Guest Immortal

im a consumer and a human, humans make mistakes....

If i buy a £275 phone, i expect to have at least some decent customer service and backup, so re-imbursing me 25p worth of CD's shouldnt be this much hassle...

Guest Immortal

Ok, i got the CD from orange, now another problem.

It seems that i need more space, i donno why cause it should just be overwriting the old installation.

Do you know where the old installation is located so i can delet the old MMS files...

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you have done a hard reset then you would not have any old file to delete.

Did you actually do a hard reset? as if you are running out of space it sounds more lilke the phone did a partial reaet so the orignal files will still be there.

If you have not done it, it's best to do a Hard Reset before installing any more apps.